Love, Brittney

Monday, April 6, 2009

Catchings up...

I didn't want to put anything on here until I had some pictures. Lots has been going on lately, most of which I don't have documentation of.


I'm living in SLC, in the lovely duplex, where I lived when i was born, and for a stint in 6th grade. Its rent-free, which is the best thing ever! I'm going to paint soon, and am working on getting it all fixed up.

I'm working for the Church, which I love!

I've been doing lots of snowboarding...

In past news, I went home for Christmas, and had a blast, of course...


Hofuf Camel Market





We left really early in the morning... 5am, to be exact. The sun eventually got up, and so did we.






I love the 7-up bottle on the saddle. McKenzie and Grandpa rode the camel... It almost fell over on the way up. Did I mention I hate camels?

We went sandboarding. A Johnson favorite. Don't be fooled - the sand is not soft and it HURTS when you fall. And it's gross. Your finding sand everywhere for the next week.

We went digging for sand roses, a Saudi novelty. This is our hole. It is a lot bigger than it looks.
Camels wondered over, to assess our progress. I love wild camels like this. But I don't like riding them. And I don't like touching them.


Grandpa was extremely proud of his hole. He dug by himself for a long time. He didn't want to dig where anyone else had dug. He got some good sand roses.

Bobbie and I on the beach. I love half Moon Bay.
We also went to the Hofuf caves. We had to show grandpa how amazing and wonderful Saudi is. The caves were so cool. The best part is that they are not monitored at all. You can explore wherever you want. And believe me, we did. It was a lot of fun.
Oman!
We got to go to Oman, and it is one of my new favorite places. I would love to live there some day. It was so fun to explore, anywhere we wanted. We climbed around on anything we could. Including crumbling ruins...

I went and visited my best friend Samar in texas at Thanksgiving.
Here is a picture of bobbie and I. I love this picture and this girl!

My new thing I am into is making mosaics. I LOVE IT! Here are the 2 I have made. I like the women one best. I would love to see it and make money - but I am way too attached. I can't wait until I have my own place to put them.


You can't tell, but the camel mosaic is HUGE. It weighs more than I do. Seriously. Mom hung it up in the bathroom. She said it's the only place with enough room. I tried not to take offense.




Sorry this is so long. This is what (well, sort of) I've been up to the last couple of months!

Love,
Brittney

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Henderson Family said...

Looks like you've been having a blast. I love your mosaics. You will need to teach me how you do that. So cool!!! I didn't even know there were wild camels. Again, Cool!!! I have no idea what sand roses are (I'm guessing they are made out of sand and look like roses), but I have to ask just to be sure, are they some kind of dead animal (like sand dollars)? How are they formed? I know I sound really stupid asking these question, but I hope somebody else is wondering the same thing and I'm just brave enough to ask:) All those ruins you hiked through look really fun. I like your snowboarding picture;) We definitely need to get together. And I still have your TV stand waiting for you.

April 7, 2009 at 9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brittney!! How's life?! How long have you been married? You look good! :) Glad to see your blog too, I put it on my friends list on my blog so keep us up-to-date! Did you get my message on facebook? Let me know if you are still in Idaho. I'll probably find that out by reading your blog, too... :) Have a great day!

April 9, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home