Love, Brittney

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Whoops…

No one else may think this is funny, but it had me laughing so hard I was crying. Shoot, I am still laughing. I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time.

So for work, I have access to two guys' calendar's - Dan Harmer and Bryan Austad. One of the Admins, Jasmyn, last day is Friday. So I put together a party invite using Outlook, "Jasmyn's Surprise Going Away Party" and sent it to our ENTIRE department, over 800 people. I sent it, and as I am looking at the invite on my calendar, I see it says "Dan Harmer" at the bottom... so I open it up, and lo and behold it says at the top, "Sent by Brittney Deann Johnson in behalf of Dan Harmer"

OH NO. My Outlook, instead of sending it from my calendar, randomly selected Dan's! So Dan doesn't even really know Jasmyn, and this meeting invite is coming from him to over 800 people. I am laughing by now... and then I get this email from Dan,

"Brittney,

For some reason I'm getting like 50-60 responses to an email appointment for a surprise appointment on Friday… Any idea how that happened?"

Whoops... Poor guy. I bet his inbox is in the hundreds by now... I was telling another Admin about this, and she said that is her biggest complaint in Outlook. When you have access to someone else's calendar, it will often just randomly pick a calendar and send it from that one, even though you have your own selected. She said she has done this many, many, many times. So that makes me feel better. It really wasn't my fault. But still was soo funny. Luckily Dan is a good guy, and wasn't mad.

Love,
Brittney

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Henderson Family said...

That's hilarious!!!

June 10, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home