Love, Brittney

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pakistan

Gchat convo with Mom:

brittneydeannjohnson: I'm really bummed I prob won't get to go to Pakistan.
 
I want to go so badly.
 
Mom: Why won't you?
 
brittneydeannjohnson: They aren't giving visas to Americans.

No American tourist visas have been approved in the last 6 weeks.
 
Mom: Why?
 
brittneydeannjohnson: Pakistan is in a state of war (ok - this is not true - but there is a huge civil movement going on, bombs, and basic destruction. This just seemed like the easiest way to explain the reason)

Mom: Hopefully things will change before December!!!!!!
 
brittneydeannjohnson: I know... I'm praying my heart out.
 
I will be so sad if I can't go. I've been so excited about this for so long
 
Mom: Why would that make them block US citizens? Are they afraid they will join the war?
 
brittneydeannjohnson: They are afraid they will die.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home