Love, Brittney

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Come Unto Him

Today in a portfolio devotional, one of our managers gave spoke of the incident where the Disciples are on the ship, in the midst of a great storm. The Savior walks onto the water. They all call to him, to save them. Yet only one of the 11 has the faith to put one foot over the boat, into the raging storm, and walk to the Savior.


Oh, how I feel like that is my life in many ways. I’m in a little raft and the storm is raging around. I’m crying to the Savior to save me, to calm the storm and make peace once again. Yet I do not step a foot off the raft, to meet Him. What would happen if I left my fears back, and stepped into the unknown, the wild winds, and walked towards the Savior, instead of waiting for Him to do something while I sit and do nothing, where it is safe.

This relates back to a couple posts ago, when Elder Bednar spoke on being an agent, versus an object.

Love,



Brittney

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home