Love, Brittney

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Christmas Tree Disposal

I finally took down our Christmas ornaments and lights a couple of  weeks after Christmas.

Then the tree sat there naked, wilting, for a couple more weeks.

Then it sat on our balcony for a couple more weeks.

The plan was thus: to throw the tree off our balcony (3rd floor) under the cover of night and throw it in the dumpster the day before trash day.

Why? Well, mostly because I really wanted to throw the tree off the balcony. But I convinced Trevor my plan was awesome by saying the reason was so we wouldn't have pine needles all over our floor from him carrying it across our entire apartment. Which was also a legit concern - those needles are a pain. But mostly I just was excited to throw the tree off the balcony under the cover of night.

The tree was so dead it was insanely prickly. 






I don't know why but this is my favorite picture ever. I love how cute Trev looks in the 20 degree weather, in shorts, flip flops, work gloves carrying a huge heavy tree like it weighs nothing.

He's seriously strong, this man.


And here it is - in our way too full dumpster. Trash day is tomorrow morning so it'll be taken away. 


And in case you were wondering - watching Trev throw it off the balcony was as fun as I thought it would be. 

:)

Love,
Brittney


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home