Love, Brittney

Monday, November 3, 2014

Twins pics update October 18-November 3

Again with the photo dump!

October 18

I don't get out much. Or, er.... at all.

Sometimes after Trevor gets home at 7 at night after I've been home alone with the twins all night and all day, I run to the grocery store by myself.  That is my idea of a big outing. I am going a little stir crazy. I like getting out and going places.

I think I've decided fall is my favorite season. I love going on a fall drive and seeing all the leaves. With the twins and Trev's crazy schedule, we haven't had an opportunity. Well, due to UAE there was no school - which meant Trevor had 3 whole days off of football! That means we had a free Saturday. So, we took off to Logan to view the leaves in the Logan canyon. According to Google, that is the best place to view leaves near us. Plus Angie lives there, and I wanted to see her.

We were gone all day long. We drove and drove and saw the leaves and were together as a family. The twins love driving in the car. We would stop every once in a while and feed them and cuddle them. They were AMAZING. I brought my battery pack for my pump and pumped every 2 hours as we drove. It was so fun to get out, and for a whole day! The weather was perfect, the leaves were beautiful and I couldn't ask for better company than my husband and babies.

We stopped at Angie's on the way home and chatted. It was so nice to see her and catch up.


October 19

October 20




October 21

This weekend Sav has taken off. She's gone from feeling like a newborn to a baby. It's been amazing and seemed to happen over night. She's making eye contact, staring at us, starting to smile, reaching for things above her head, holding her head up.. She loves sitting up. She is so much more alert.



October 24

Savannah had her tongue tie clipped!! Her poor little under tongue part (no idea what that is called?) came all the way to the very tip of her tongue, instead of half way. So she couldn't stick her tongue out further than her gums, and not up at all.

Mikail's son Seth is tongue tied, but they didn't find out until he was over a year old and having issues with speech. When Mikail was here for their blessing, she noticed Sav's tongue. At their next appointment I asked our pediatrician about it and he looked and said she was tongue tied and referred us to an ENT. I'm totally bugged that they didn't look for it or notice it at the NICU nor did our pediatrician. I'm so grateful Mikail noticed it so we could get it taken care of. The ENT said if we'd waited any longer than 2 weeks he wouldn't have clipped it in office like he did, we would have had to wait till she was older and have a procedure done.

He just cut it in office. I left the room with Ollie. Their shots were more than I could bare - there was no way I could watch her tongue tie be cut.

I'm so glad we had it cut. She can now stick her tongue out of her mouth and put it on the roof of her mouth. She can now suck on a pacifier (she wouldn't take one before. At all. Ever. Now she's all about the binkie. She loves it and will suck herself to sleep. It's great!).




October 25

Trying to catch a smile! She's looking so big and grown up! Oliver is about 2-3 weeks behind her developmentally. He is still acting like a newborn. Can't wait for him to start interacting with us more.




Dad and Oliver do a lot of napping together.


October 27


October 28


I'm trapped! A lot of the time this is how I spend my day.... cuddling both babies and feeding them. If I move they scream. They both love to be held and cuddled. Which I wouldn't argue with if I could hold and cuddle them both at the same time.


October 30

Ollie's getting so big!  He is such a handsome little dude. And he does so well entertaining himself. If he's changed and clean and fed, he will just lie there for hours happy as can be. Savannah on the other hand has to be held or entertained. She doesn't do alone time well.

This sleeper is newborn, and it's getting to small. You can see how tight it is in the length. He's still got lots of room in the width though.




Ollie had two holes in his heart. He had an echo at the NICU the day he left, and they weren't super worried, said they should close on their own. Since I had to quit my job, we are off my insurance the first of November. So we had to schedule all appointments in October before we start on Trev's kinda crappy insurance.

We went to Primary Childrens and had the echo done.


The bigger, problematic hole has closed! The other one is still there, but the doctor seems confident it will close on its own. And if it doesn't - he isn't worried. 25% of the population have this same hole and it doesn't affect them. I'm so glad the bad one closed and we are all good! And I'm grateful we got all these appointments done on my insurance.

October 31

I know there are a million photos of them sleeping on the couch together. But they're so cute! And this is how we spend a majority of our day. I feed them on the couch on a pillow, so I can hold both bottles. Then we burp and ideally they fall asleep.


They are both to the point where I can prop their bottles up which is so helpful! I don't do it for long, just a minute when I'm watching. But that way I can get the screaming kid settled with a bottle while I fetch the less angry kid. It's made a HUGE difference.

Ollie's struggled with the whole suck, swollow and breathe concept - so we've had to be so careful feeding him. He has only been able to use this one slow flow bottle - he chokes with all others - and even with this we have to pace him and take breaks. But he's getting so much better! I gave him a regular nipple the other day and he didn't choke at all. And again, I can prop it up for a minute and he does great.




November 1

Alison gave them these amazingly cute matching hats. I caught Sav smiling in it! I love that she's smiling. It is so fun.

Ollie will smirk at me, but no legit smiles yet.


He kills me, he's so cute!!! Sav hates tummy time and screams, but Ollie LOVES it (most the time!). He views it as nap time. But he will try and try to roll over. It's so cute. And, he has rolled over two times. About a month apart, but still. He's so advanced!



This little dude won't stop scratching his face. Like, drawing blood scratches. Trevor cut his nails over the weekend, and he still is scratching himself badly. So now he's our little mitten man.


November 3

I put Ollie next to Sav on the activity mat, and he immediately put his hand on her face. He'd just touch her everywhere on her face. She kept moving her head and getting really annoyed, but he wouldn't desist. It was hilarious.





And again, later the same day as they were taking a nap, I caught him doing the same thing.



He's getting so filled out! When we went to his echo appointment, he was 9lbs 11 ounces! AH! He's gained 2 pounds in 3 weeks!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home