Love, Brittney

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Savannah and the Evil Bunny

Savannah is home - on oxygen.

WORST THING EVER!
(her being on oxygen, not her coming home)

There is a sensor on her foot that detects her oxygen level and her heart rate. If ever either drops below what it should be - it beeps.

AND BEEPS

AND BEEPS

AND BEEPS

Also, the sensor has to be changed from foot to foot every 4 hours.

Also, it is not wireless - she is attached to the monitor.

So from her head she is attached to oxygen, and from her foot she's attached to the monitor. So carrying her around is... complicated.

Also, she's discovered she can pull the prongs out of her nose and put them in her mouth and can suck/chew on them.

SHE LOVES THIS.

SHE DOES THIS ALL DAY LONG.

SHE DOES THIS ALL NIGHT LONG.

She is a deep sleeper, so when she is asleep her oxygen will drop lower than it does during the day (she really could probably be completely off oxygen while she's awake). 

So her monitor beeps a lot at night. And just to make things more fun for me - she is constantly pulling her prongs out at night and eating them. If I wake up to the monitor beeping in the mid 80 range - I know she's just deeply sleeping. But if I wake up and it's in the lower 80's or lower - I know she's eating her oxygen not breathing it. So I have to get up and get it out of her mouth and put it back in her nose.

I do this ALL NIGHT LONG.

So, between switching the sensor every 4 hours, the monitor waking me up, her eating her prongs, and feeding her - I get no sleep. 

Good thing she's so dang cute.

I'm hoping she is off oxygen within a week. She's on the lowest setting. The bad part is I'm fairly certain Oliver will also come home on oxygen, and he will be on it at home longer than Savannah.

I caught these pictures last night as she was super hungry and ready to eat. Every time I look at them I can't help but laugh. She looks like an evil bunny.

Here she starts out, peaceful and angelic.



And then she's got the prongs! 






HAHAHA... Oh man. Every time! Cracks me up. I love this girl!!! 

Love,
Brittney

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love that she has a personality and likes to do things. It makes them seem like real ppl.

September 14, 2014 at 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home