Love, Brittney

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Drum Roll, Please!

I GOT THE JOB!

They just called and told me.

SIIIIGGGHHH.

I can breathe for the first time in a year...

I originally signed on for a 2 month internship... and they would extend it every time. So every 1-2 months, I would go through the stress of, are they going to extend again? And start job searching again. This last year has been so hard with the uncertainty of just not knowing how long I will have a job. So stressful.

When the recruiter called, I just took a deep breath, and he laughed. He probably gets that reaction a lot.

Now that I know I have a job (for the next year – hopefully I’ll get changed over to a permanent position – but this is a GIANT step closer to that goal) I can finally do some things I’ve needed to for a long while.

First – move to a place that is not underground, has windows, and has roommates. Seems like such a small thing, but to me, it is HUGE.

Second – sign up for a GRE class (they are expensive!).

Those are my first 2 priorities.

Thank you so much to everyone who prayed and fasted on my behalf… it has helped more than you know. I love you ALL!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Brittney said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!I am seriously thrilled for you.

February 23, 2010 at 1:56 PM  
Anonymous Cassie said...

YAY! That is so exciting. Congratulations!

February 23, 2010 at 2:19 PM  
Anonymous Angie said...

YAY BRITT! I'm so happy for you! Go be so so so successful!!

February 23, 2010 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger Alison Rae said...

CONGRATSSSS!!!!!!!!! Ahhh so exciting! You are wonderful!!!

February 26, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home