Love, Brittney

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Job Update #Too Many

My last two interviews went well (But take in mind, this is coming from the girl who doesn't know what 20% of 100 is).

One of the guys I interviewed with, I already Admin for, so he knows me really well. I told him the math-whiteboard-percentage story, and he thought it was hysterical. Shocking.

So...

In my interview, he put four cans of Sprite on his desk, and proceeded to ask me percentage questions on them.

How much is 75% of the Sprites? If I take one away, how many are left? What is 25% of the Sprites... and on... and on... until the grand finale - what is 12.5% of the Sprites? I am happy to say I got them all right, including the last one, which is, in case you didn't know, half of one of the Sprites. After I got each answer right, he would praise me like I was one of his own kids. "That is right! You are so smart!" "That's it!" and so forth. In the end, he told me I wasn't dumb, and he'd let my first interviewer know. Phew. That is a load off my mind.

I'm now being mad fun of quite a bit for my humiliating mistake... word has gotten around about it. While I am so glad it is bringing so much amusement to everyone I work with, I still haven't shaken the incredible dumb spell that has clouded me since that fateful morning. Eek.

I'm not sure when they will let us know who has gotten the position. But everyone (except, well, some) has been so supportive and encouraging to me. I love my co-workers, and really, really hope to get an opportunity to work with them longer.

Anyways, I don't get tomorrow off, like most the rest of the USA, and I had a very good, but incredibly busy and sleepless weekend, so I am going to be all matronly and go to bed at 9:00. Don't judge me - I obviously need all the sleep I can get. Get those brain cells working for me, instead of against me. All I have to say is, imagine if I drank!?

Love,
Brittney

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie and Todd said...

Yay! I'm so glad you found my blog!! Good luck with all the job interviews, hope you get it!! :)

February 15, 2010 at 4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home