Love, Brittney

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Things that made this Christmas great:

  • The music and lights and snow (obviously prior to Saudi...)
  • The parties and jolly mood.
  • Christmas sweaters. Especially my favorite one, stolen from Grandma. There are no words for this particular sweater. Lets just say - it has bells. Honest.
  • Having a bunch of Christmas' with friends and family, and their super wonderful gifts.
  • Taylor had his Christmas presents shipped to me to take home for the family. Their contents were the highlight of, almost, my life. Which may at first sound a little sad - but seriously, they were awesome. Lets jut say they came from a company called something akin to: Adultswhostillwishtheywerekids.com
*   1 Leg lamp - just like in a Christmas Story
*   1 A puzzle alarm clock. Looks like a child's toy.
*   1 T-Shirt that has a digital display of the time across the chest.
*   1 A picnic bench condiments set
*   1 A sarcasm ball. Like a fortune ball, but it says mean things. Like: Yeah right you pathetic loser. Dream on.
*   1 A green bag that says, I use this environment friendly bag because my wife makes me
*   1 little plastic green finger puppet monster with a packing peanut carefully twisted and shoved in his toothy mouth. This particular item was NOT listed on the packing slip. My theory - someone was playing with this item, or it was on their desk, or SOMETHING, and somehow it found its way into our box. The whole how behind its mysterious existence makes me smile. Someone obviously took time to get that packing peanut in its mouth - which I highly doubt was intended for us. Especially since we didn't pay for it. 
  • Getting to come home for Christmas.
  • The way our home is decorated, all the familiar ornaments and decorations and the tree.
  • Getting Christmas jammies, like every year. And getting matching ones with Bobbie.
  • Watching Christmas movies, especially White Christmas. Which I found, even though Bob and Camree hid it from me. Haha, better luck next time ladies.
  • Christmas Eve dinner - namely brisket and green bean casserole.
  • Sleeping in one room, all of us kids together.
  • Waking up to Bobbie jumping on me, yelling, "IT'S CHRISTMAS, NINNIE! IT'S CHRISTMAS!"
  • Sitting in the hallways, staggered, like every year.
  • Bobbie's plan to not go into the living room last this year. Her plan - we draw numbers out of a hat. Taylor drew 1, I drew 2, Mikail drew 3, and Camree drew - Duplicate. Which means she gets to go in with whoever she chooses. Naturally, she decided to duplicate Taylor. So what, you may ask did Bob draw? 5. Skipped 4 and went right to 5. Foiled by her own plan. What a special Christmas surprise.
  • Walking in and seeing a brand new Mac Book Pro - 15" sitting on my pile of goodies. I had no idea! No seriously, I had no idea.
  • All of my other goodies: boots, jewelry, clothes, movies, my leg lamp.
  • Giving dad his shoe shining kit for the 20th time. And the way he totally had no idea what it was. And camouflaging it beforehand. 
  • Having 7-layer dip
  • Getting to go to Church and see all those people who I dearly love. Most everyone was gone, but I did get to see the Waites and Sis. Conner. I love seeing people I've known for forever. 
  • The Christmas program. Getting to sing all those Christmas songs, and hear the Christmas story. It was a wonderful experience, on Christmas, to actually go and sing all the songs.
  • Getting to snuggle with Bobbie the whole time. I miss sitting next to her at Church, and having her cuddle with me. So nice. 
  • Getting a super awesome call from Becki and Jenni and Andrew. Best cousins in the history of the world. I swear.
  • Sitting here alone, at midnight on Christmas, in my new comfy PJ's, in our cluttered messy living room. Filled with all the goodies of the day, and the tree and ornaments. At home. Typing on my new laptop, with the blue keyboard protecter. 
Love,
Brittney

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Brittney said...

It's a good thing you have a new computer with all the throwing that happened with the last one. SPIDERS!!!! Merry Christmas!!!

December 25, 2009 at 9:09 PM  
Anonymous Angie said...

I love you too Britt! I'm so glad you got to go home for Christmas!

December 26, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home