Love, Brittney

Monday, December 7, 2009

Buying Some Time

I was just informed my internship has been extended to mid February – a year from when I started, the maximum time an internship can go. So this is way good news!
This time when I’m home at Christmas (I AM GOING HOME FOR CHIRSTMAS!) I will have a job to come back to. That relieves so much stress. I’ll have more time to figure out what to do from here on out. This is such a HUGE stress reliever for me. Also, it gives more time to try and figure out HOW to get me on as a full-time employee. Odds are still not looking very good for that, however.
So that is my awesome news for today.
Awesome news for Friday – I had a Winter Formal I attended. And I wore my high school prom dress.
Fun thing 1 – It is pretty (the dress)
Fun thing 2 – It was only the second time I’ve been able to wear it (the dress)
Fun thing 3 – It was way fun getting all dressed up (me)
Fun thing 4 – My cute new blue coat looked super cute with it (the dress)
Fun thing 5 – IT FIT! YEAH, BABY! Personal triumph. My high school prom dress fits!
Fun thing 6 – I got it zipped up all by myself. (Becki was going to be home to do it ((It goes all the way up my back – and I’m just not that nimble – or so I thought! HA!)) But then she ended up leaving early. And I was left in a sticky situation. How on earth do I get my dressed zipped up? I am home alone. Do I ask my date to do it? How awkward/inappropriate is that? Or do I just leave it not zipped up and put on my coat, and have one of my friends do it once I got to the formal? Anyways, it all worked out, obviously).
But, I didn’t take any pictures. Sad, yes. But I wasn’t feeling particularly into pictures. And now, of course, I wish I had some. Oh well.
Anyways, today is a good day. There’s a plethora of snow outside, which always makes me happy. And I have a job until at least February. I have time to figure out my life. I had an awesome weekend filled with good friends and food. What more could a girl want? (Lots, but I’m trying not to push my luck…)

Winter Formal

Officers and our Dates

Officers



Group Shot


Thanksgiving

ALPHA Officers
Battle of the Chapters!
I died all our tights. In my trash can at work. I'm awesome. And resourceful. It took all day of them stewing. I'm sure all the guys though I was nuts. But I don't care. I didn't have time to do it at home the night before, and I didn't have a bucket or anything - so I used my trashcan. Then I used the sanitary sacks in the bathroom to wrap the wet tights up for each girl. I felt proud of my ingenuity


ALPHA Girls!



Love,
Brittney

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Henderson Family said...

I love all the cute pics. I'm glad your internship was extended. I hope the timing will be right for you and you'll be able to land an awesome job in Feb.

December 7, 2009 at 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home