Love, Brittney

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Everyone LOVES yoga!

Yes, another embarrassing story.

So today I am running a meeting with something like 30 male engineers. It’s called Engineering Leads Forum, and it’s kind of a big deal. Because the room only has a certain capacity, and because Church engineers are in various places all over the Valley, we stream the forum. That means more work for me. I have to coordinated with the audio visual department, get them to arrange everything, follow up, and begin setting up for the meeting an hour before it happens – just in case something goes wrong. Which, it always does. Today, however, the problem was not with the equipment, the audio, streaming link or the network. Today the problem was with the faulty instructions given to me.

This morning seemed to be going pretty smoothly. The meeting was about to begin – and all was well. There is a big TV at the front of the room, which displays the presenter’s computer screen so everyone can follow along. There is a video camera at the top of the TV that can record everyone in the room, instead of the computer screen, if I so choose. So I am sitting in the middle, running the TV/video output. I’m the only girl, everyone knows me, and it is clear who is over the visual. Before the meeting began, just to make sure the TV was working – they put it on BYU TV.

Before he left, the AV guy switched views to the presenter’s laptop, and showed me how to switch views. The bottom button displays the presenter’s computer screen. The top button switches to filming the room. This is what is being streamed over the internet: audio and visual, to all those in other locations.

Mid presentation, one of the guys I admin for, whose meeting I am helping to run, leans over to me and asks if I know how to switch views to film the room? I feel like this is unnecessary – why film the room for all to see, of people looking at the power point presentation, versus having the presentation up on their screens? But that’s just me.

So the presenter goes to switch to a demonstration on the internet, and he can’t get it work. So while he is fumbling around, I figure – why not switch views? So I press the top button.

WHOOOPS.

BYU TV switches back on, and it’s yoga hour. A room with 20 or so women in tight pants, some exercise bras, and they are all lying on their backs with their legs wide open. Imagine the following picture, from the front, add their legs higher in the air, and add 20 more women.

YIKES.


I get the image back to the computer screen, after some major commotion. I’m beet red. Of all the things that could have been on the BYU channel, why did it have to be yoga? And right at that moment?


So what the AV guy meant to say was: press the bottom button to switch views between the computer screen and the video camera. Press the top button to give the guys a peep show.


Let’s just say that for the first time ever, the cookies weren’t the highlight of the Engineering Leads Forum.

Love,
Brittney

2 Comments:

Blogger Henderson Family said...

Please, please, please write a book about your life!!! I'm so glad I know you so that I can laugh at all YOUR embarrassing moments and be glad they aren't MY embarrassing moments. Love ya.

October 28, 2009 at 6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know who the Henderson's are, but I agree with them--write a book and I am glad they happen to you and not me!!

November 1, 2009 at 2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home