Love, Brittney

Monday, October 19, 2009

A Life of Temporary

Since graduated from High School, my life has been so temporary. Every semester in school was different, different apartments, different roommates… and then I graduated, and the economy was horrendous and I have been an intern at two different companies since graduating. I am so thankful for the jobs – and they have been such great experience. But the stress of not knowing how long I will have a job is unbelievable. I worry about it all the time. The idea of having to look for another job for the fourth time in a year makes me sick. The idea of meeting new people, making a new routine, getting used to a new job makes me tired and very unsettled. I would love so much just to know where my life is going. Have the stability of knowing I have a constant source of income, I can move into a new place that isn’t below ground where I actually have cell phone coverage and roommates. After almost a year of living in SLC – I still feel so unsettled. Like I really haven’t made any type of life here.

I really love my job. I love the people. I love the environment. I even love my carpool. I’m learning a lot and have had some great opportunities. I don’t want to work anywhere else. Yet with this hiring freeze, I don’t think it’s going to happen. It just stinks so much that my co-workers love me and want me to be a permanent part of the team, but they can’t do anything about it. People tell me all the time that they are doing all they can to get me hired. They are going up every avenue. But you can’t change a hiring freeze. A co-worker told me today that everyone is working their hardest to get me on – but she isn’t as hopeful as I would appreciate.

I just helped to put on a big ICS Conference, SORT, which I will write about later. At the end, so many people came up to me and said what a fabulous job I did, and how after such a successful job, there is no way I won’t get hired. And I appreciate those bits of encouragement – but at the same time, it is so frustrating that no matter how successful I am, no matter how much I do, no matter how much everyone loves me – at the end of the day, if the hiring freeze is still in implementation, come December I’ll be jobless. Again.


1 Comments:

Blogger Henderson Family said...

That's a bummer. I really hope things work out for you.

October 19, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home