Love, Brittney

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Who likes candy? Not I!

I decided after Halloween, I was going off sugar. Completely. Cold turkey. It's been almost 3 weeks. It really hasn't been hard. One time, it was hard. For a work meeting, we brought in food from Joe Morleys. Good place, and they cater. Anyways, they have this delectable (well, it looks delectable and everyone about beat each other up to get seconds, so I am going with it is as delectable as it looks) ice cream/chocolate/fudge/Oreo pie. I wanted some. But I didn't cave. The worst part was when I was cleaning up, I got some fudge on my fingers. And you know, you instinctively just lick it off... I almost did so without thinking, but stopped!

I'm in another big meeting today, and Joe Morleys was requested again, mostly because of this before mentioned pie. Today, it was really not even hard to say no.

I was hoping to see some instant results. More energy, increased IQ, longer endurance, superpowers; something!

I feel none of that. BUT, I have noticed that my desire for candy, chocolate, sugar, etc, has consequentially decreased. Also, my cravings for fruit and healthy food has increased.

And I am happy to report, I was not addicted to chocolate! I experienced no headaches, fatigue or insane cravings after going off. Personal triumph. Lame, yes. But I take what I can get.

My original plan was to go off from Halloween to Thanksgiving. But I'm thinking, why not extend till Christmas?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Henderson Family said...

Heck maybe you should do it for a whole year like I did. I have a testimony of the bad effects of sugar now. That first month was the worst, it got so much easier and empowering after that. I can't eat as much sugary stuff anymore without feeling sick. I never noticed any immediate results after going off sugar, but I did notice the results eventually especially after the year and I would eat a little treat here and there.

November 17, 2009 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger Henderson Family said...

By the way!!! Way to go. It really is a great goal and accomplishment to go off sugar cold turkey for several weeks.

November 17, 2009 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger Alison Rae said...

Isn't it great?! I totally agree with you about the need for candy decreasing and the want for healthy foods increasing! I have been sort of off sugar for almost a year now! The first like three or four months I did not eat any sweets. Then I started eating a little bit every once and awhile which is where I am still at now. But now I am a little less strict, like hot chocolate doesn't count... because it is Christmas! But honestly the longer you go , the easier it gets. Candy is not even a temptation to me at all! Things like brownies and cake are still kind of hard to resist but not impossible by any means! good job Brit! I love reading your blog!

November 19, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home