Love, Brittney

Monday, December 28, 2009

To: Dad

Love: Ninnie Marie


One Christmas, when I was probably 6 or 7, I realized I hadn't gotten my dad anything for Christmas. I went into his closet, and found something I thought he would really want. A wooden shoe shining kit. I was so excited to give him that gift, and died of excitement when he opened it. Because the reaction was so great, I gave it to him again next year. And the next year, and the next...

Now, it's pretty much become a tradition. I've tried different things over the years, to camouflage it's identity.


A huge box filled with rocks and the shoe shining kit, etc. This year, to cover up the distinguishing legs, I taped flip flops to the bottom, you know, to make it flat.



I don't have pictures of the top, but to camouflage the slanted shoe shelf, I taped a glue stick at the end for height, and then taped a Cinnamon Toast Crunch snack bar across the top and the glue stick for flatness.


It was a brilliant job; dad had no idea by the exterior.



Also, I wore my favorite Christmas sweater, complete with bells. I love this sweater. I wore it every day pretty much since I stole it... uh, borrowed it... from my grandma's closet.


Love,

Brittney

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Brittney said...

uh, you're like the funniest person alive. Nice sweater:) I'm sure your dad loved the present you got him. Has he worn the flip flops yet?

December 28, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home