Love, Brittney

Friday, July 9, 2010

24

This is how I feel about my birthday:




I’m terribly excited. 24 is going to be a good year. I can feel it. I don’t know what all that will entail, but I’m ridiculously excited nonetheless.

24 is a multiple of 8.

8 is my favorite number.

24 is 8x3 – and as everyone knows, 3 is uber lucky. And charmful (as in 3rd time is the charm).

Today’s been fantastic. I wore this ridiculously cute blue and white striped dress with buttons and ruffles on the bodice.

Mom put “Happy Birthday Ninnie!!” Signs up all along my path from where I was sleeping to my car. Plus – these cute earrings taped to a sign stringing the stairs.

They matched my dress.

My hair curled nicely today. No frizzies, and none of those weird undesirable curls. Plus – I even had multiple “perfect curls”. If you know me, you know that’s a big deal.

Julie decorated my desk, and some of the guys helped by providing big brightly color balloons. 



She even got a big cake that said Happy Birthday Brittney. We ate cake all day.



I left work early, and we had a BBQ. Best meal ever… grilled chicken in a homemade cilantro/mango/avocado sauce, grilled pineapples, corn on the cob and watermelon. Most of my favorite things all at once.

We had Cold Stone cake for dessert.

I blew out all my candles.

Presents rocked. Especially the cow Webkinz Bob and Ramz gave me that they bought for my birthday last year but didn’t give me, and then said it was for Christmas, but didn’t give to me. After a year of anticipation – the cow Wenkinz is in my possession. Too bad during that year’s time, Bob stopped playing with them – so the whole draw to having one is gone. Oh well.

It may not sound like much – but to me, it was the perfect birthday. Tons of laughing and fun and low-key.

I’m excited for this next year. So much to look forward to.

I don’t have the birthday pictures yet… but I wanted to have some pictures on here to document what I looked like on my 24th birthday. This may seem vain - but hey - this is my blog, and I use it to document my life and happenings. 






Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Brittney said...

I'm sorry I didn't call you, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

July 11, 2010 at 4:45 PM  
Blogger Alison Rae said...

your hair does look amazing! I am glad you had a perfect day, you deserve it! Love you!! 24 is a good year I think, I am excited to turn 24 in a few months!

July 12, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home