Love, Brittney

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Along The Path

Along the path, alone, I have come
Dirt embedded in my feet
The weight upon my back is tiresome
I ache for a resting seat

My once bright eyes have now faded
Young skin turned to leather
A quick mind clouded
A princess turned beggar

For hope lost, is the greatest loss
Takes away all meaning
My once straight path is now a cross
The sun forever setting

And as I sit, alone and forgotten
Dirty feet appear next to mine
“My child, this is my only begotten”
His clear, loving eyes shine

I gaze at his face,
Somehow I know it so well
In His eyes I see my disgrace
What I once was, trapped in this bitter shell

“I’m sorry, Lord, I finally say
My tears washing away the dirt
“Let me take your pain away”
And in his arms I find my comfort

“My child, I was always here,
By your side, holding your hand
In good times and in bad, I was near
Walking with you across the land”

My trials I had thought too difficult
The pain too much to bear
My bitter heart was full of tumult
And in my weakness I cried, “He must not care”

And now here He was
His tender arms around me
Not noticing my dirtiness, my flaws
The side of me only He can see

The pain I suffered
Need not have been
For faithlessness blurred
My vision of Him

Love,
Brittney

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Brittney said...

That is a beautiful poem. Did you write it?

May 26, 2010 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger Brittney Deanne said...

Ah thanks Britt! I did... a long time ago. I was going through old files and found it. Thought I mindswell post it. I need to see you soon!

May 27, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home