Love, Brittney

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Random



  • Julie hates this. I have it written on my whiteboard. She says it bugs her because its true and she gets mad every time she looks at it. Ha! I told her I'd take it down when her karma improves.
  • Ever heard of P90X? I've officially begun. There are a group of guys from my work who do it at 6:20 in our office gym every morning. That's right, folks. 6:20. Which means I need to LEAVE my house at 5:50. I've done it for 2 days. I like it – I am sore… all over. I doubt I'll be able to walk tomorrow. Seriously. Today was Plyometrics (jump training). Does that scare you enough? It did me. One of the guys told me his first time he made it half way through and then almost threw up so he laid down the rest of the time. He is not a wuss nor is he obese. So I was terrified. I hate throwing up. Anyways, I did it today. AND – I did as good as the guys who have been doing this for a while. YEAH, BABY! Personal triumph. They were all super impressed. I was impressed. I felt absolutely fit. There was one minor mishap, but I shant disclose that here. I felt really weird about being the only girl, but they are so sweet and nice to me.
  • My office is FREEZING. I have been shivering all day. I have a sweater on and my coat around my legs and still I'm dying. I can't focus when I'm this cold. Hence my blog break.
  • This is what my world looked like on April 1. So much for April showers bring May flowers. Not that I'm complaining – I LOVE the snow. I love how the trees are blossoming and are pink and perfect, and then there's the snow on them, making it the most superb sight ever.
  • Tight Pants Guy is back. He finished his contract and has been gone for a long time - but he's back. I'll try not to embarrass myself by disclosing personal and inappropriate information.
  • I'm currently obsessed with these songs:
    • Highway 20 Ride by the Zac Brown Band.

    • Need you Now by Lady Antebellum
    • Bella's Song by Edward Cullen (from Twighlight, yes. But don't mistake me for a Twilight lover/fanatic. Give the song a chance before you judge me)
    • Mr.Brightside by The Killers (Seriously – who doesn't love The Killers? For an AWESOME rendition of the song, visit here. One day, I want to be that good on the violin. Maybe I should start practicing again.)

    These are the songs I listen to over and over all day long. I put my earphones in, listen to my tunes and drown the office out. Which is awesome, considering I work in the middle of the hall. Pretending I can't hear is the best method of work/people avoidance I've found yet.
  • My little sister had surgery on her foot. She is doing really well. She's a tough cookie. So my mom is in town to help her out. That leaves Dad, Taylor and Bobbie alone in Saudi. For the first time, more of our family is currently in the States than in Saudi. Weird.
  • This week, I like these words:
    • Scapegrace: One who is wild and reckless
    • Aspersion: Verbal exhibition of bad temper
    • Aberrant: Deviating from the normal or correct
    • Aggrandize: To make greater, increase – to exaggerate
    • Amalgamate: To unite or mix – n: Amalgamation
    • Wastrel: A person who wastes; a loafer
  • I drink copious amounts of water.
  • I'm going dancing tongiht. Not my favorite country dancing, or clubbing dancing, but Pride and Prejudice (which is my favorite movie and one of my favorite books) dancing. Seriously. The Elizabethean/English Country dancing. You know, when the guys stand on one side, with the girls on the other, and they dance. I've always wanted to learn - and tonight I shall! I can't wait.
  • Alpha is over. Weird. SO weird. I now have free time to do... other things. Like tonight, I should be at our Tuesday officer meeting. But it's OVER. So I am free to go dancing. Weird. I'll have to post our end of the year pictures.
  • I need to get back to work, even if I am freezing.
Love,
Brittney

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Brittney said...

Sounds like your life is going great!!! Come visit. You need to come get your TV stand:)

April 27, 2010 at 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home