Love, Brittney

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

*update*

Remember that time I posted pretty much every day about my job status? It is that time again.


Sigh.

I got extended for another year, last January. My contract ended, and they managed (seriously – this was an impossible feat. You can only do 2 years as a contract position, and I did 1 year intern, 1 year contractor, so getting this extended at all was a miracle) to get my contracted extended 3 more months, while they work on getting me on full time.

The problem is, while they want me and NEED me (and by need I mean whether it is me or someone else, there is a TON of work to do) there is no position. When they went through the 2011 hiring plans, there was no request for any more Admin headcount. Super bad on their part – they need the help.

I was told yesterday that they cannot get approval for the headcount. There is just no way.

Sigh.

My only option is to get hired on in a department where there is a need, and a budget to pay for me. There is one possibility here, and I have an interview tomorrow.

There are a couple of obstacles. One – the position has always been an intern position. So the Director would have to agree to switch that role from intern to full time. That costs the Department much more money. A pretty big obstacle.

Second, they have to REALY want me. They are looking for people who have the potential to go on the department and make a difference. They have to think I have this potential. And they have to think I have so much potential they are willing to pay much more to bring me on FTE, instead of going to BYU and getting a recent MBA or business degree graduate for an awesome internship opportunity.

If this interview does not go well, or it just is not a good fit, I am out of a job at the end of April.

Nothing to stress about, right?

On top of that, I have so much to do. I am way behind. I’m buried. Swamped. I stayed until 8 last night, a 12 hour day – and it barely made a dent. I stayed late on Monday too.

I’m so mentally and physically exhausted.

Any prayers my way for tomorrow would help.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Mom said...

I will be praying for you. I know that it will all work out for the best. I will pray that they can see the great woman that you are and the great work you can do for them.

March 2, 2011 at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home