Love, Brittney

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Care Packages

While going through hoards of old things at the Cave, I came across this card.


When I was at BYUI, Grandma Reynolds would send me boxes of baked goods. I can’t remember how often. It was more at the beginning, less as the years went on. By the time the cookies made it to me, they were pretty stale. She knew I loved the peanut butter cookies best, so always made sure to send those. She’d send all kinds though –there were some really good sugar cookies she’d send. She would also send homemade sweet bread. Banana mostly, I think.


My roommates and I looked forward to these packages. This is a card I kept from my first year.


First, I think it’s hysterical that she added “from down the freeway”.


Secondly, she got my name wrong. “Brittney De” instead of Brittney “Deann” but she got my other roommates name right – “Brittney Leann”.


She put “Ashley” as the third roommate and forgot the 4th roommate, but the names should have been “Alison Gutierrez” and “Nichole Stout”. I think it’s actually pretty impressive she remembered one of my roommates and got close to Alison on the 3rd.


Finding this card made me happy and emotional. I didn’t have the best relationship with her, and it was so nice to find this tender reminder that regardless of some of her other actions, she really did love me. She didn’t show me all the time or in the ways I would have understood, but it was wonderful to find this great keepsake and see, from an older perspective, that she really did love me and was a good Grandma.


Love,


Brittney



Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison Rae said...

I am just now seeing this! I totally remember those packages! They were the best! So cute!! Thanks for sharing!

November 20, 2012 at 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home