Love, Brittney

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Because He So Loved The World

I was thanking my Heavenly Father today for blessing me so much. For allowing me the opportunities in life to feel low enough to be truly humble and teachable. It is in those times of deepest trial and despair that I have come to know my Heavenly Father the very best.

 

Thanking Him for taking the time and effort to help me grow, even though it hurts us both.

It was then that this thought came to my mind so clearly and forcefully:

Jesus Christ suffered so much pain for the world – a lot of that pain was so that we could grow. I normally think of the pain of the Savior as being solely pain for sins - and while that is a big part of it - much of that pain was not because of sin, but because of growth. Our growth.

We have been given so many trials and tests in this life to mold us into who our Father in Heaven knows we can become. The only way for us to become perfect is through learning and growing, and the best way to optain that is through trials. Trials that bring us pain and suffering initially, but then overwhelm us with joy and bless us for the rest of our lives. That pain allows us in the end to have the opportunity to return to Heaven and to have so much more joy in this life. His suffering for all our pain and trials and sins allows us to feel those pains less, to overcome them and grow from them in a way we couldn’t otherwise.

The Lord could have given us less trials and tests, and He would have suffered so much less. But He chose to hurt more so that we could hurt less. I feel so overwhelmed by the spirit right now, and with love.

I am so thankful for a Father in Heaven and for a Brother, Jesus Christ, that love me enough to allow me to hurt so I can grow, to suffer right along with me and for me, so that I never have to be alone.

Love,
Brittney

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home