Love, Brittney

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012


Thanksgiving morning as I was preparing to make green bean casserole, I realized I needed one more can of cream of mushroom soup. I went to the store to pick up a can, and in the checkout the guy directly across from me had a seizure. I’ve never seen anyone have a seizure before. It was horrible. His wife was crying and he was convulsing and tons of saliva was coming out of his mouth. They called 911. I left while he was still seizing and have no idea how it turned out. I sat in my car totally shocked and horrified and prayed for him. I hope he’s ok.

After that incident, I went to Trevor's for Thanksgiving. It was really fun. I really like all of his family. The food was good as well. After we played some games, then everyone talked and hung out. It was so fun to be in a family setting – being so far from my family I rarely get that opportunity.

Trevor came back to my house and we watched Rat Race (he’d never seen it). Then we went to the mall at midnight to get him a watch – which was a flop as the Fossil was one of the only stores not open.

Friday morning I drove to Grandma and Grandpa’s and spent the rest of the weekend with them and Taylor. Camree came over and the three of us went shopping, and that was very fun. We don’t spend enough time together.

It was a very good thanksgiving! I have so much to be grateful for. This year I didn’t write something I’m grateful for every day like I did last year (I actually really enjoyed doing it last year) so I think I’ll write a list here. Not in any particular order, here is a list of things I am grateful for in 2012:

I am thankful for:

• My job as a Portfolio Analyst in the Missionary Portfolio. I was still a contingent worker in 2011, and had a couple of different roles. This year I am so thankful for a job I love, enough pay for my needs, co-workers who are incredible and the opportunity to work for the Lord’s church, to be a missionary every day, that my work can have a profound effect on the world.

• Increased level of faith.

• A deeper knowledge/understanding of the Savior, my Heavenly Father and the Gospel.

• Having some place to move when my contract ended. I was struggling to find housing and everything just worked to move to the Cave, and that has been a huge blessing.

• Better relationship with my family.

• My new iphone 5! No more cracked screen! Yeah!

• My new ward. I like this ward more now after a month than I ever did in a year of my old ward.

• New friends

• Trevor

• Lacey

• Opportunities to serve others.

• Sushi!

• Tim

• Holidays

• Tae Kwon Do

• Eye lash extensions

• Bright colors coming back into style

• Being healthy and happy

• Getting to go to Pakistan for Samar’s wedding

I have so much to be grateful for! I am very blessed.



Happy Thanksgiving!!



Love,
Brittney

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home