Love, Brittney

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012

December 2011 Samar told me,

“This is it, Boo. This is our year.”

And I believed her, because she is my best friend and knows me better than anyone else.

2012.

2012 brought me my first full time job. Complete with benefits (which was great since my Dad’s insurance kicked me off) and a 401k, which sounds so adultish.

I turned 26, which is a solid number. I’m not such a fan of odd numbers.

My best friend got married.

I got to take the trip of a lifetime to Pakistan. I got incredible new clothes, bangles, met extraordinary people and made memories that will never leave. I gave a public speech at Samar’s wedding which was so hard for me to do, but I did it. And I cried the whole time which was humiliating, but I said what was in my heart and it was probably the best wedding speech ever given.

I worked to make my relationships with family stronger.

I made new friends. Some really good friends that I’ll treasure for always.

I learned the power of the priesthood. And that God is willing to give me what I need – I just need to ask for it.

I learned how to make the best of a bad situation.

I made the choice to let people in.

I fell in love for the first time.

I allowed myself to be vulnerable in a relationship for the first time.

I took risks.

I moved. Again.

I served others. I learned that service truly is the key to happiness.

I learned to pray a little bit better, and learned to decipher personal revelation a bit better.
I learned how to cook better, and started taking Tae Kwon Do.

All in all, it was a pretty great year. I’m grateful for all I was able to learn and experience.



Love,

Brittney

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home