Love, Brittney

Friday, November 30, 2012

I Love You


Friday we had planned to see the Christmas lights at temple square. Trevor texted me in the morning and said he wanted to take me to dinner as well. Not long after, Daren texted me and said he and Nick were in the area and could we hang out? I asked him if they would want to go to dinner – and that worked out perfectly.

I was pretty excited for one of my best friends to meet Trevor.

We all met at the Cave at 6 to head to the Red Iguana. We had to wait for half an hour in the rain, but it was worth it. The food there is so good! Amazingly good. It was fun to catch up with Daren and remember old times and funny stories.

Daren and Nick headed home, and Trevor and I headed to temple square. 

(All these pictures are at night on Trevors' phone - so the quality is very poor)


It was raining pretty significantly, but we went anyways. It had lessened much by the time we got there, thankfully. It was more sprinkling, but it was cold! We got there in time to see a Christmas concert in the Assembly Hall – it was very good. 


Then we walked around, saw the nativity. The only thing we didn't get to see is the Christus – the line was just too long.

We stopped by the reflection pool which is so beautiful.There are floating candles on the water and the nativity in the center.


Trevor had parked on the hill up from temple square, and it was beautiful to look down the street lined with trees covered in lights to the glowing temple square. He pulled me into him as we were looking at temple square, and said, “I’m not sure if you are ready to say this yet, but I am. I love you”. And I, for the first time in my entire life, said it back! Because for the first time in my entire life I was in love! 


I've had it said to me before but never could respond. I dated Jaymes for 7 months and wanted to say it, because it felt like it was time – but I couldn't because I wasn't in love with him.

It was the perfect evening. So fun and romantic and special. I’m a very lucky girl!

Love,
Brittney

**Note – I did know it was coming. A couple weeks prior, we had one of those moments where we were looking at each other and you could tell we both were thinking about the “L” word, and Trevor says, “you are going to say it first!” which I told him was absurd, he would. That started a joke, where we’d say “you are going to say it first”. I told him it was his job as the man to say it first, and that he better make it good. When he brought it up that way, I figured he was starting to want to say it, but was testing the waters to see my reaction. I’m very grateful he waited 2 weeks – I was starting to think about it at that point, was definitely not there yet. Some things happened in the course of those 2 weeks that showed to me I really do love him. I couldn’t have said it back if he had said it 1 or 2 days earlier.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home