Love, Brittney

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentines Day and President's Day Weekend


I bought the Valentines hearts candy and those cute cards you passed out as kids (the superhero ones!) and I passed them out at work on Wednesday. I haven’t passed those out since I was in elementary school. I don’t know why I stopped – it was fun! Everyone was surprised and delighted to get a Valentine at work. I think I’ll start doing it every year.

On Thursday, I made the best meal in the history of the world, in my opinion, for Trevor. His favorite food is Mexican, so I made Café Rio style pork, fresh guacamole and salsa, Mexican rice and refried beans, in addition to all the toppings for burritos. It turned out really well (I worried about it enough it surely should have! And I had to work all day, so I had to make the salsa the day before, get the groceries before, etc). I lit candles and had music playing. It was your typical sappy romantic candlelit dinner, but we’ve never done anything romantic before so it was fun!! We do tons of fun stuff, but never have really done anything romantic so it was nice, and pretty appropriate on Valentine’s Day, I’d say.

I made him a picture frame – took SO MUCH TIME AND WORK. I can’t even say how long, it would be embarrassing actually. I couldn’t get it right. The idea was to mod podge a picture onto wood, as well as onto the actual wood frame itself (which I had to buy wood at home depot and have cut… like 5 times and then Trev’s brother actually ended up finally doing the last cut). It was so hard! But I’m pleased with how it turned out. Definitely not perfect, but it looks good! And is very sentimental. I also got him a cute book and card. He brought me flowers, which are happy and beautiful and perfect!

After dinner we went and saw Warm Bodies. Trev has been wanting to see it, and we hadn’t had a chance yet. It was good. Nothing like a zombie romantic comedy to close out V-day.

Friday my Mom wanted us to come to dinner with her and Taylor and Grandma and Grandpa. Taylor and mom were leaving the next morning to drive to CA for Seth’s blessing and are flying back to Saudi soon (Taylor got mono so he’s going home for the semester) so she wanted to see us before they left.

Taylor wanted to go to Rodizio Grill, which is kind of halfway between Orem and SLC so I agreed, knowing this would be the best surprise of Trevor’s life.

I texted Trev, asking him to guess where we were going – his favorite place. He was guessing all wrong. I kept giving hints, “your favorite place” “A total man place” and after I said “MEAT” his guess was pizza. Pizza!?? So I told him. His response was, “Guess I’ll need to find a different place for my surprise tomorrow” (I surprised him on Thursday, so he was surprising me on Sat for v-day). I felt so bad!! His surprise was to take me to Tucanos for dinner the next day. What are the odds!? He was purposely not guessing Rodizi/Tucanos hoping that wasn't where we were going.

Then to complete the full disaster, on my way home from work I saw an accident on the Southbound side of the freeway, and all the lanes were closed but one. The freeway wasn’t moving. So we ended up having Grandma and Grandpa drive to SLC, with the hope that by the time they drove here and we ate dinner, the freeway would be clear again. There was no way we could have made it to Rodizio in less than 2 hours, the way the freeway was. And that might be a generous estimation.

We ended up at Macaroni Grill at Fashion Place Mall. I love Macaroni Grill – it was just tragic that after ruining Trev’s surprise we didn’t even make it to Rodizio.

Saturday morning we went to Trevor’s basketball game which was very eventful.  He picked me up for our surprise date at 7. He ended up deciding to go to Tucanos anyways. He was going to make a reservation but his mom told him he’d be fine without it – not so much!!! It was a 2 hour wait. So we went to Rumbi’s as it’s right next to Tucanos. It’s one of my favorite places and Trev’s never been so it was awesome.

After dinner was his big surprise, which he was so excited about. We ended up back at his house, where he had candles lit all around his room, and had selected a romantic movie (The Vow) to watch. He bought me the cutest popup card that said on the front, “You and I are living Proof that romance doesn’t just happen in movies” and on the inside it says, “It happens during the COMMERCIALS too!!” HAHAHA. Which is totally true… we may make the most out of commercials.




He bought me the cutest earrings in the whole world. Seriously. They are so me it’s crazy he picked them out all on his own. They are flower studs in the most beautiful colors – they came with 3 sets, blue, yellow and pink. And these pretty blue circle earrings.

And he got me a Build-A-Bear giraffe. It is so cute! And the perfect shape and size to cuddle with. I can’t sleep unless I’m cuddling with something.

The movie was cute and I’m so grateful he put so much time and thought into his v-day surprise. That means the most to me.

Sunday we went to Church, and Trev came over later and we made dinner with the leftovers from Thursday – loaded nachos! Nachos are one of Trev’s very favorite things in the whole world. It was delicious!! The only problem is we loaded them all together and then cooked them – and the chips were soggy. So it was more like a nacho casserole but still so good.

Then we went to his house and watched The Walking Dead, because that is what the Schauerhamers do on Sunday.  

Monday was a holiday, so we got work off! SO NICE!!! Trev came over at 1 and we ate the rest of the nacho casserole, and then headed off to do some shopping. We ended up at the new Draper outlets. We didn’t get much but it was a beautiful day and so much fun. We ran into the Bona’s, which was an extra special surprise.

I had forgotten my scarf at Rumbis, so we went back to grab it and while we were there decided to see if we could get into Tucanos. We only had to wait 20 minutes, and we finally fulfilled Trevor’s v-day dream!! The food was awesome.

After we went back to my place and watched the last 2 episodes of Season 2 of Modern Family.

It was an awesome weekend and Valentines Days!!!

Love,
 Brittney

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home