Love, Brittney

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Become Less Fat

Some of the guys at work get together a couple of days a week and play Ultimate Frisbee. I’d never played before last summer, but they invited me so I started playing. I LOVE IT! I’m not amazing, but I really enjoy it.

Since we all work together, they sent out a series appointment for the days they are playing. The title of the Frisbee invite is “Become Less Fat”. The group consists of a bunch of computer nerds (excluding myself) so they thought the title was fitting and amusing.


Today I was in a Missionary Work Portfolio Devotional. We were using my laptop to project to the whole portfolio, comprised of almost 50 men and 2 women (myself included). I’ve projected many, many times of the course of my employment with the Church. I’ve learned some things.

1 – Exit out of all chats. Completely quit the program.

I’ve received some embarrassing and interruptive chats while presenting. Won’t make that mistake again.

Also not applicable to this particular situation, but also a lesson learned – don’t IM someone something that could be embarrassing if you aren’t sure where they are – because they could be in fact, presenting themselves. Such an instance could have occurred when I IM’d Kip the following (Note - going to Hooters is on my bucket list, and Kip knows this, and we had discussed going. Hooters is mentioned in all kinds of movies and quotes, and I just want to know what they are talking about, and if the hot wings are really that good):

Brittney: Wanna go to Hooters Sat?

Kip: Really? You looking for a new job? :)

Brittney: I totally could get a job there. But no, I’m not job searching

Everyone in the meeting saw my IM, Kip’s cheeky response, and my embarrassing (and implying) retort. I got made fun of for that for a while.

2 – Exit out of all browsers.

It is somewhat embarrassing and doesn’t look good when people go to pull up IE and they can see the blog you looked at during lunch, or the swimming suit you want to order for summer.

3 – Make sure your desktop picture isn’t an embarrassing one.

4 – Exit out of anything that isn’t necessary to have open.

Today, I learned a new essential item to add to the list:

5 – Exit out of your email

Why? Well, in case an appointment pops up on your screen that says, “Become Less Fat”.

HOW.EMBARRASSING!

As soon as it popped up, everyone read it and busted up laughing. Seriously, everyone laughed for forever. And no one knew the context of the invite, so it just looked like I had an invite on my calendar for me that said, “become less fat”. Yes, world, I need to become less fat! Glad I could inform you of my resolution!

UGHHH!


Love,

Brittney

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home