Love, Brittney

Thursday, June 13, 2013

First Apartment!

We signed our lease! We are officially apartment renters!


Trevor took pictures of the apartment but they aren't very good (sorry babe) so I am not posting them. I'll take some better ones when it's furnished/decorated.

Here are the highlights:

Recently renovated (we are the first to live here after the renovation)

Top floor (no footsteps above, crying babies, karaoke - which I currently enjoy 24/7)

Vaulted ceilings

Big balcony

Fire place

2 bedrooms

Master bedroom is big - and the closet is enormous. Seriously, huge. Can fit all my stuff and Trevors'

Secondary bedroom also has a walk in closet. This is also being referred to as Bob's room - can't wait for her to come!

Complex has a pool, hot tub, basketball court, tennis courts and my favorite- RACQUETBALL COURT!!!!!

It is in an awesome area (Cottonwood Heights) - right off the freeway - will cut 10 mins off my commute, right by a Whole Foods (my favorite grocery store) and Blue Lemon (my favorite restaurant) not to mention a ton of other stores/restaurants. We can walk to the grocery store. I'm sure Trevor can't wait for that.


Down side - we don't own anything. Nor do I particularly want to go spend money furnishing it. Especially since we are still unsure of Trevor's job/where we will end up. For now, we are signing a 6 month lease.

I plan to frequent garage sells looking for awesome and cheap finds. We need a table/chairs and a couch the most. Trevor has a bed - everythign else I can live without for a while at least.

The couch I will buy, however. I'm not ok with a garage sell couch. You have no idea what has happened on that couch and by who.


Trevor will start moving in right away. I'll start moving my stuff slowly. We will hopefully be all moved in by the wedding, so after we will come home to a nice apartment, all of our own!

While I'm ecstatic about the third floor - the only time I am less than thrilled is when it come to moving... I started picturing the pain of hauling furniture up there, and then I remembered I am getting married and Trevor and his brothers will do the heavy lifting... yeah, I like this married thing already! 

Love,
Brittney

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I loved being all moved in before our wedding. Brandon lived there for a couple days before. Also, we will be using your hot tub while were there, right?

June 17, 2013 at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home