Love, Brittney

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Things I don't want to forget the twins said/did over the last year+

Since I've been so bad at keeping track of our lives, I've kept a list of things I didn't want to forget the twins have said/done over the last year+. Sadly, going over the list, there are already things I don't know what they mean. These are not in chronological order.

I was changing one of the twins' diapers, and they had pooped a tiny little nugget - like moose poop. I said, "it's a little nugget!" and they kept saying "I pooped a chicken nugget!" So any time they poop, they declare they pooped a chicken nugget.

Savannah has some jammies with polka-dots on them. She calls them her coconuts. So now they call polka-dots "coconuts" and I can't correct them.

One day I was driving home from school, which ends at 12. Oliver started to say he wanted a mailbox. I kept asking him what he wanted, and he said "I'm hungry, I want a mailbox." He wanted a happy meal, hahaha. So now they call happy meals, mailboxes.

We moved. It was very emotionally difficult for Savannah. She would say she didn't want to move, and would cry. Even after we moved, she would ask for our old house. As we were packing to move, she was becoming very agitated and started regressing her behavior.  She would act like a baby. Baby talk, crawl around. Then she started insisting she would only drink from bottles again. I fought her on it, but she would cry and cry and wouldn't give in. So one Saturday she is asking for a bottle from Trevor, and he is saying no and she is crying. So then he says "Savannah, all your bottles are gone! The Bergens (from Trolls) took them all!" She bought it completely and never asked for a bottle again. My husband is a genius.

When we drive home, when we get close, the twins will say "house, where are you!!?? Where are you!?" and then we see it, they get excited and say "There it is!!" They've been doing this since 1.

Bubby is our polite little guy, and would say "thank you!" all the time. His 'thank you' sounded just like "fuck you" though..... It was hilarious.

Bubby loves letters and numbers and could identify letters in the grocery store from a very young age.

Nanny is obsessed with pink, purple and princesses. My mom gave her a purple flower nightgown she became obsessed with and would want to wear it every day. She wore it day and night for 3 days before I could get it off her without an enormous breakdown once.

They  say "hamburger" as "hanguger" and "French fries" as "frafries"

They have been beyond obsessed with Halloween, ghosts, monsters, etc - since 1. I bought this Halloween silverware set from Target and that is all they would use for over a year. Savannah would insist on the Frankenstein fork.

Oliver has always been into shows, but Savannah wouldn't sit still for the life of her until 3. But they became obsessed with the live actor version of the Scooby Doo movies. That is all they would watch for at least 6 months. Nothing else. From like 16 months until after 2, it was Scooby Doo or bust. Savannah would actually sit and watch it but nothing else. Also, they went through an Ice Age (I think #3?) phase. This was early 2's. There is a part where the squirrel goes to heaven and sees the pearly gates. Every single time, Savannah would cry her eyes out. Only at that part. Even if she hadn't watched any of it, but walked in right at that part, she would lose it. So weird.  Also, they became obsessed with the Goosebumps series at about 2.5. Thats all they wanted to watch.

Savannah loves to sing. They both like to sing in the car especially. They like to sing "Old McDonald" but they each take turn picking the animal. It is rarely farm animals, and tends to be more along the line of ghosts, monsters, spiders, crabs, etc.

They went through this phase where they would pretend to get stuck on us. Especially at night when we were tucking them in. They would say "I'm stuck on you!" And not let go.

Oliver started to call pepper "ants". So now we call pepper "ants".

They went through a phase where putting them down for naps was especially difficult, and bed time too. They had to have certain rituals and they had to be done right or they would flip. For naps specifically, if I didn't tuck them in right they would have to go upstairs and walk down to their room again and we had to start all over.  I had to 'butterfly" the blanket - sweep it over them, and then count from 1-5 or 1-10 depending on the day. If I didn't 'butterfly' the blanket right, or didn't count to the right number they would lose it and we had to start again. Now Oliver insists he has his special blanket on
backwards.

They both have their special blankets. They are the blankets that Cory Connor made them. They have to have them at all times. If they get hurt or are sad, that is the first thing they want.

One morning while I was teaching (there was a gap of 15 minutes or so between when Trevor left for work and I finished working) and I came out and they had dumped out 2 DOZEN eggs. All over their heads, bodies and the floor.

Savannah, especially is a trouble maker. Oliver goes along with it, but from what I can tell 99.9% of the trouble they make, Savannah instigates. We've had so many marker incidents (including coloring inside of Oliver's ears, and coloring all over our newly painted wall as we were moving out). At our new house, she also located the unpacked spice rack and emptied nearly 20 bottles of completely full spices throughout the house.

They have had sleep over's at my mom's and it is their favorite. They ask to have a sleep over with Teta all the time. They also love my parents' dogs, Kenai and Roo.

They love going to the doctor and dentist. When we were house hunting one day (it was just me, the twins and our realtor), Oliver was running in a living room and tripped and fell right on the corner of a piano bench. The bench went right through his lower lip (a year later and he still has a scar on his lip). SO MUCH BLOOD. I'm trying to not get blood on the carpet and furniture and find the bathroom and he's screaming, and Savannah is still running around like the crazy child she is. It was seriously so awful (the whole house hunting experience was seriously so awful). I thought he was going to have to go to the ER, but we got the bleeding stopped and the actual hole was relatively small. A couple of days later, Trevor was changing his diaper and noticed his top tooth was knocked crooked! He had hit the bench at an angle and the bench corner had gone through his bottom lip and knocked out one of the top teeth. I hadn't thought to look at his top teeth! I had to take him to the dentist and he had to be sedated and they put the tooth back in. Luckily the nerve hadn't been severed so they could do that. A year later and the tooth is still brown. Savannah was so upset that he got to go to the dentist and she didn't. The whole time he was having his tooth fixed she was crying and trying to get into the chair.

We got a picnic table that the twins fell in love with, and we had to eat all our meals there until it was far too cold and I finally told them no. They would call it the 'nik nik table'.

They call string cheese "milk cheese".

Savannah will only let me do one hair style on her- pigtails. And she calls them 'reindeers' because of Sven in Frozen. It's so cute. She asks for reindeers every day, and will not let me try anything else.

Just after valentines day this year, I was teaching at night and Trevor popped in between classes and asked, "the twins want to play hot hot love. What is that?" and I had no idea what he meant. I'd never taught them to play any game called hot hot love. So after teaching, he tells me they were calling it hot hot love, but they wanted to play duck duck goose. We were so confused, but I figured it had to come from school. So when I picked them up next, I asked the teacher what game they played on valentines day? They had played "heart heart love" which makes so much more sense!  Hahaha. So now they still ask to play hot hot love, instead of duck duck goose.

S has crazy bowels. She toots more than anyone I have ever met. And she's super proud. Wait untit she's a teenager.

There are so many more I have forgotten! But this list is up to date now. I need to make a separate list of all the funny things they say.

Savannah, age 4: walked in on her daddy listening to music and dancing. "Daddy, when I  look at you my butt moves"

mom: what do you want to be when you grow up? Savannah (age 4): a blesser (I think from church, blessing the sacrament).

Oliver says he wants to be a fire hydrant when he grows up. He means a fire fighter, but he says fire hydrant every time and I think it's hilarious.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home