Love, Brittney

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chivalry is not dead

Sometimes, it’s just super fantastic to be a girl.



Chivalrous things I love (in no particular order):




#1 – The guys at work always let me get on and off the elevator first. How cute is that. I feel so special every time. No, seriously – it never gets old.


#2 – The guys always open the door for me once I’m out of the elevator (We have badge activated doors on either end of the elevator lobby – for security). If I make it to the door first to scan my badge – there is always a guy running behind me to grab that door before I do.


#3 – The guys go down and get my packages from the mail room. Even though I haven’t ordered anything for them – they still stop by and check and bring me my stuff.


#4 – If I am carrying a box, no matter the weight – they always want to take it from me. They at least ask if I need help.


#5 – They look out for me. There is this super creepy guy at work semi-stalking me (see HERE) and they always come up to me and ask if it is getting better and can they do anything to help? They’ve sat down with him multiple times, and even let him go. But – another manager took him on, so he is still here. “I always look out for my little sister” is a quote that was used, multiple times. How cute is that? I always wanted a big brother…


#6- Along the same note – when creepy guys come and won’t leave me alone (happens more than you’d think – especially working for the Church – if I ping (message on the Church Communicator) one of my co-workers, they come and get the guy to leave. Can’t even say how many times this has saved me.


#7 – They help me if I have any computer/phone/software/etc. needs. If I say something isn’t working, or they can see a problem – they help me out without even being asked.


#8 – When guys open my car door. Not close it – there is no way I’m waiting for him to walk around the car and let me out. But it’s so nice when they open it for you to get in.


#9 – When guys ask you to text/call when you get home, just to make sure you got home safely.


#10 – When the guy walks on the outside of you. I think this is the ultimate cute thing. My cousin Andrew is the best example of this. He is seriously the most chivalrous guy I know – even to me, his cousin. He always makes sure he walks on the outside of me – no matter where we are. When we go on walks, I think it’s fun to keep walking to the outside of the street, just randomly and casually – and see him try and maneuver back to being on the outside, just as casually…

Love,
Brittney

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that chivlrey is not dead!!!! So what is with women's rights? Do they not appreciate kindness? Good Manners?

April 2, 2010 at 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home