Love, Brittney

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

For Thanksgiving, I went and spent it with Daren and his family. It was so much fun!!

We woke up at 5am almost every morning to workout before the endless feasting began. It was an awesome (yet frigid) way to begin each day.

Daren's cousin, Jara, came for the Holidays, and with Braiden's company we managed to laugh nonstop for about 4 days.

At the Black Friday sale, I got:
  • An amazing $200 racquetball racket for $50.
  • A beautiful blue workout top
  • A warm fleece jacket (also blue, of course)
  • An Under Armor jacket
  • A snowboarding helmet and goggles
  • Really warm mittens
So, basically everything I need for the snowboarding season. Most my winter stuff was getting really old and warn out.

We spent one day snowboarding at Grand Targhee. Oh, the awesomeness. Snowboarding at my favorite place with my favorite snowboarding companion.

 

I honestly had no idea Braiden was ruining my solo snowboarding shot. Thanks, dude. But seriously - do I not have the prettiest board EVER? Also note my new (and first ever) helmet, goggles and warm mittens.

Daren and his sexy board


 The group


Braiden





Downside of the whole event: Braiden was controlling the music on his Ipod and selected Keisha's new album to assault our ears on the way home, regardless of my complaints. And he fell asleep. So we listened to the album the entire 2 hours in the car and it was awful.

We also ate at Daren's friends', Scott and Wes, restaurant. They make good food.

I didn't bring a dress for the weekend, as I was planning on leaving early Sunday to head back to Utah. As it ended up, Daren's sister was blessing her new baby, and I wanted to stay for it. So I was there with no dress... I thought about every available option and finally came up with this:


Yes, this is me wearing Daren's graduation gown. In public. To church. But I had no other option available to me. The slip went CLLEAAAR up, so I had to hold it closed. With my long coat (thank goodness for my long coat) it didn't look as bad as it could have. Still, I was so embarrassed.


The worst part is we went to breakfast after, and I had to walk around in it the whole time and I was even more  humiliated. Everyone thought it was hysterical, by the way. How did they know, you ask? Well, because Daren told everyone and showed them the pics. Thanks, Dude.

I love how we match. When Daren was living in SLC that summer, we went to the same ward. We, for about 3 weeks in a row, matched. I'd wear the same color dress as he'd wear shirt. So after that, for the whole summer, we coordinated colors. Lame - maybe. But we loved it. And here, without even trying, we did it again.


It ended up snowing ALL day and most the night that Sunday. So I opted to drive back to Utah early Monday morning instead of in the snow Sunday. It was a good decision. One of Daren's friends did the drive Sunday and it took him something like 8 hours. And he lives an hour closer than me. Eeek.

All in all, this was one of the best Thanksgivings I've ever had. Last year, spent with Becki, Jenni and kids was also very awesome.  I'm so grateful for such incredible family and friends.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home