Love, Brittney

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Birkin Bag

I had a great Christmas this year. I got 2 things I'm especially in love with, I'll post on the other later.


Dad got me a Birkin Bag for Christmas. It is beautiful!! If you don't know what a Birkin bag is, see the link below (mine is the same orange)...



I first became aware of the Birkin Bag through the Gilmore Girls.



Dad got each of us girls a bag on his last business trip to China (ok - secret is out!! It's a fake Birkin bag. But who really who knows me or my family would think we would ((or could!!)) spent $20,000 on a bag?)


Mom, Ramzi, Bobbie and I all opened our bags and were admiring them, and I looked at Ramz and said something like, "I'ts a Birkin bag!! Oh my gosh, he got me a Birkin bag!" quoting the Girlmore Girls. The brand is Hermes, which I'll admit - I didn't know existed until Christmas day.


Dad has a colleague in China who is an expert in fake bags. Her friend makes a living taking bags from China to Hong Kong to sell. So she insisted she go with him to pick out the legitimate replicas - the ones you honesly can't really tell are imitations.


I really liked my bag, and  after Dad told me they sell from $6,000-$80,000 I decided to do some research. It was then I realized it was in fact a Birkin Bag. That made my Christmas! I know it's super lame, but I now own a $20,000 bag and it's really cute. Even comes with a lock. But my favorite part is definitely that I know about Birkin Bags from the Gilmore Girls.


Thanks, Dad!!


Love,


Brittney




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home