Love, Brittney

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Venting!

Remember those posts on my awesome roommate? Well, I underestimated her. Yes, yes I did.

I came back on Sunday night after an awesome vacation, excited to shower in my own shower, sleep in my own bed, and go to bed at a decent hour so I could function at work the next day.

While in St.George, I get a call from my other roommate (Brittany) saying that I probably shouldn't come home - the gas had been turned off and the house was freezing.

Why was the gas turned off, I assume you are wondering?

Good question. I'll tell you why.

BECAUSE ALI TURNED IT OFF.

Yes, yes she did.

When she moved, in the utilities were in her name. When she got married, she took her name off the utilities.

Wasn't that just super great of her? The electicity is still on, but the gas was really fast to shut it off. She didn't tell us she was doing this.

I was on the way home, after having heard I shouldn't go home because it was freezing, when I got a call from Ali. I didnt' see it come through, so didn't answer. She left a vm saying she really needed to speak with me, could I call her back. Talking to her made me want to die, so I texted her instead.

She wanted me to switch her laundry for her. She didn't want to sit and wait for them.

Yes, YES SHE DID!

She got married 2 weeks ago, her crap is still all over the condo, she closed our gas and electricity, and she's OVER DOING LAUNDRY BEFORE THEY SHUT OFF THE ELECTRICITY.

I was so mad! I am still mad!!!

I told her I was confused how she was doing laundry - as she had turned off the utilities. She told me she had done no such thing. She'd taken her name off our utilities and they would turn them off in a week or two if we didn't switch them to someone elses name. Telling us that before they cut power would have been really nice.

I told her the gas had been cut - it was freezing in the house.

She said it wasn't shut off. She was just there to do laundry and it was fine. (Trying to convince me to come finish her laundry for her)

So I called my other roommate, Brittany, to make sure the thermostat just hadn't been turned down or something weird like that, and she said it was FREAKING FREEZING and she'd called the gas company and they confirmed Ali had turned it off, and they couldn't come turn it on until Monday.

So I told this to Ali. Specifying that Brittany had called the gas company and they confirmed it had been turned off.

She never responded to the message.

I am SOOOOOOO MAD!! She was a terror to live with. But even after she moves out - she's still crazy!! Turning off the utilities was just mean! Not letting us know!?? Who does that?

And then having the gall to come over and do laundry at our place?? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

So after being gone for almost a week, I couldn't go home. I had to crash at a friends house (THANK YOU!).

When I got home yesterday at 8pm, it was 50 degrees inside. The gas guy finally came at 9:00 and turned everything on.

I'm not sure what happened after that - but I woke up at 11pm in sweltering heat. Like, insane heat!! I didn't sleep much until 2am - when I was finally awake enough to realize there was a problem, instead of just psuedo-sleeping.

I went downstairs, and it was fine down there. The thermostat was set to 79 - but upstairs had to be about 90 degrees. As I walked up the stairs, about half way up suddenlty the heat just hit me. Really weird. I set the thermostat to 70, opened the windows in my room and curled up next to them. I got little sleep last night.

Anyone know a good hit man!?

Love,

Brittney

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home