Love, Brittney

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Family Anecdote: Ghosty vs Pee


In our family, we have the firm (although we all know it's completely false) belief in a 6th child in our family; Ghosty.

Ghosty was born before me, making him the actual eldest Johnson. He, sadly, died in infancy and has continued to make his presence felt by haunting our house/family. 

Ghosty has been known to eat the cookies no one was allowed to eat, to make a huge mess in the living room, to slam a door, hit a sibling, etc.

Sometimes Ghosty just wants us to know he's around, in the case of things falling randomly, lights flickering, or other creepy phenomenons. 

One time, when we were living in the Duplex in SLC, Taylor was fighting the battle of man vs. toilet. He was slow to potty train. Even the floating cheerios in the toilet bowl could not persuade him to come hither. 

My Dad, in an effort to convince Taylor to enter the world of big boy underwear, decided the ultimate father-son-potty-training-bonding experience would come in the form of a pee race.

Taylor wouldn't participate - so my Dad said he'd just race Ghosty instead.

From the bathroom (this is a duplex, remember. So the neighbor's bathroom is right on the other side of the thin duplex wall) we hear Dad bellow,

"Taylor! I beat Ghosty!!"

Without missing a beat, through the wall from the neighbor's bathroom comes,

"WOOHOOO!!"

Why, you may wonder, has this delightful family memory come to mind?

Because, friends, I have made an epic purchase on Amazon.com:


The pStyle! This little gadget (supposedly) allows girls to pee standing up. Since I'm embarking on a 10 day trip in the desert with my Dad, I felt this was worth all $11.

You see, a desert is not at all like a forest. There are no trees to hide behind, no logs to squat on... nothing but dunes and sand. This seemed like a pretty logical solution to the problems those facts present. 

I emailed my Dad with the link, and his response was,

I don't know if you are joking with me or serious, but either way. I got quite a chuckle out of it. See you soon.

Love Dad


I doubt a peeing war like with Ghosty will hardly be appropriate, but either way - I sure hope the pStyle and I conquer the Rub a Khali together.

Love,
Brittney


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison Rae said...

omg! so funny!! Didn't Ghosty come live with us in our dorm??!

October 26, 2011 at 9:26 PM  
Blogger Brittney said...

Yes, I'm pretty sure ghosty followed you to college. I love that story!!! My mom's friend owns something similar to that. You'll have to let us know how that works out. I'm sure, knowing you, there will be some hilarious story that will come as a result of it.

October 28, 2011 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Jeannie Johnson said...

I can't wait to go to the Rub again just so I can use the pSTYLE!!!!!

November 24, 2011 at 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home