Love, Brittney

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Skittle Bowling of '11

What is better than bowling?

I'll tell you.

Skittle bowling.

Skittle bowling with my siblings, the loves of my life.

Skittle bowling with my siblings, the loves of my life, in Aramco (PS - they redid the bowling alley! I'm not completely in love with the changes. It has TV screens now that calculate your score, display whose turn it is and show cartoons dying when you strike out. In Jr. High, it was mandatory to take a bowling class. The point of the class wasn't to learn how to bowl and improve your score - it was to learn HOW to calculate your score by hand. We had to take tests. In PE. To prove we could mathematically calculate our scores. I hated it).

Skittle bowling with my siblings, the loves of my life, in Aramco, wearing matching shirts.



Mom gave us these shirts for Christmas. So, we wore them to bowl. You know, in case people wondered if these crazy white kids skittle bowling were from the same family. We wanted to show our solidarity. 

YAH! YAH!

In case you've never had the opportunity to skittle bowl, I'll fill in the details.

I don't know where I first became acquainted with skittle bowling, but I immediately recognized the merits and introduced the sport to my family. Now it's a tradition. I think maybe the matching shirts should become one as well. It went over great.

You draw a skittle before each turn. Each color represents a certain way you have to bowl.

This round, the schematics went as follows:

Red - Between legs
Purple - Left handed
Yellow - Backwards and draw 1 more 
Green - eyes closed
Orange - One handed, no fingers in holes

Last turn -draw 3 skittles until they are all different.

Then you eat your skittle and bowl!

The first game, we bowled normally. I creamed their sorry butts. The next game was skittle bowling, and I actually did the worst, I think. I have no skittle skills. I am oddly at peace with that.

We wrote our names on a piece of paper and they entered our names in for us at the desk. I didn't know they were going to do that, (in my experience you enter your own names in the computer) and apparently I didn't write my name very legibly (in my defense, the guys working behind the counter speak barely any English).

World, meet BNHNY!!

I am now Bnhny Ninnie!


Bob's Artistic take on the skittle bag.



Bob is possibly the cutest kid in the entire world. Actually, for sure she is. Wearing an iGame shirt, a bright yellow hoodie and a platypus hat (As demoed by me below. I guess we didn't really get pics of her in it while bowling).



Apparently I needed comfort after a bad bowl? Not sure.


 In case there was question about whether Ramzi rocks or not.



 







I love you guys! Until we skittle bowl next, I remain yours,

Bnhny Ninnie


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home