Love, Brittney

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pop-tarts and Gummy Bears


Camree and I did a colon cleanse 2 summers ago (summer of 2011).

Camree has chronic… weirdness… in her stomach region. I told this to a colleague and she and some other colleagues swore by this hydrotherapy colon cleanse. Caused miracles in their lives.

So, we did it.

For 5 weeks we didn’t eat a thing. 3 times a day we drank this juice from fresh veggies (can’t remember all the ingredients, but some were – cilantro, dandelion leaves, ginger, kale, beets, lemon). We’d juice the veggies and drink the mixture three times a day. Most the time I’d rather go hungry than drink it. At first it wasn’t so bad, but by the 4th week I couldn’t handle it. Honestly, it’s one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. Doesn’t sound like it should be that hard, but it was really difficult. I didn’t cheat once and neither did Camree.

We did have some lows though…

At my lowest, I was babysitting for a friend. I fed her kids dinner, which I couldn't have, and I was so hungry and exhausted I wanted to cry and go to sleep. Instead, I took a Pop-tart out of her cupboard and chewed it and spit it out. One bite at a time.

At her lowest, Camree stuffed gummy bears up her nose so she could smell them and wouldn’t taste the veggie drink.

Love,
Brittney

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The Longloopers said...

Muriel and I did a cleanse a few years ago too, as per the instructions, we did it for 10 days. The fact you did this for 5 weeks is IMPRESSIVE!

Every morning we chugged a nalgene full of salt water every morning and throughout the day we drank this liquid-ness that consisted of cayenne pepper and lemon juice and drank laxative tea. Absolutely no food, which we avoided successfully. The nalgene I used at the time I have gotten rid of because of what it reminds me of and every time I taste just a little bit of salt water, I want to gag. Also, the smell of cayenne pepper has never been the same since.

February 22, 2013 at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home