Love, Brittney

Monday, June 17, 2013

Cold Feet


I've been nervous since we got engaged, stressing about everything and driving myself and Trevor nuts.

I've been trying to stress less and go forward with faith, and have been doing much better.

Until Saturday.

I woke up with cold, cold feet.

It was one of those no good, awful, horrible, days.

I've been trying to shake the cold feet since then. I talked to Trev about it, and he's always so understanding and amazing... "If you focus on the negative, of course you'll be scared and your fears will come true. But if you focus on the positive things you'll be so much happier and won't feel so scared." Then we listed all the things we are excited for, about getting married.

The subject kind of came up again today in texting, and he told me,

"We are going to be great baby! No matter what happens we will work things out together and with the Lord! Things seem scary now but when we face them together we can conquer anything. I know that is true! I am nervous but I am much less nervous knowing you will be by my side!

And I know you have been under a lot of stress. I stress too just a lot less. Don't forget that I have many of the same feelings you have but I am able to take them on more calmly. It doesn't mean I don't feel them. I will do anything you need, but you have to tell me!

I think we are missing some spirituality in our lives and need to make it a priority again. I will do my duty and take lead on that so we can feel more at peace!"

That helped my cold feet, warmed them right up... how grateful I am to be marrying a man who makes sure to incorporate the Savior in our relationship. We cannot fail if we are doing that. And I appreciate so much how he is always so willing and ready to take the lead in every aspect of our relationship. He takes his role as the Priesthood holder seriously, and that means so much to me.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still FREAKING OUT. But, I'm doing better.

PS - 13 days

13 DAYS

Love,
Brittney

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home