Love, Brittney

Friday, February 7, 2014

Park

I didn’t have the best day Thursday. Friday night, I struggled to fall asleep and when I did – I was awoken with a terrible pain in my stomach. It kept me awake much of the night. I was really worried about it, not to mention in pain.

I woke up tired and worried and upset Friday morning, and decided I was not going into work.

I had an appointment with my friend to get my eyelashes done (since my friend does it I barely have to pay – when I no longer have her I’ll be back to mascara. Sad day).

Since I was having a rotten day and in a bad mood, I decided getting out of the house was a good idea. She lives right by my work, 30 minutes away, so I schedule my appointments for during lunch or after work. 

Since I didn’t make it into work, I had to drive clear out to Herriman.

I pulled into her driveway, and couldn’t get my key out of the ignition.  Sometimes the steering wheel will lock – and won’t release the key or let you start it. You have to pull the steering wheel left and right really fast and hard and eventually it will release. I couldn’t get it to release.

I decided to go inside and get my lashes done, and hopefully by then Tim would release the key. I was afraid of getting locked out, so I jammed both doors to make sure they didn’t fully shut.

After my lashes I came back out and couldn’t get it to start. My friend tried and she couldn’t either. Her other friend was there, and she couldn’t either. I called Trevor up and told him the situation.

He left work to come try and get the key out and unstrand me. It took him 45 minutes to get there – Grass stain is barely moving these days.

I came outside and he had the key in his hand. I had pulled in, put the parking brake on but never put the car in park, which is why the key wouldn’t release.

Sigh.
He told me that and I just started bawling my eyes out. I felt so stupid. He had taken almost 2 hours out of his work day to come rescue me and nothing was wrong with the car, I’d just failed to put it in park.

I never do stuff like this. I’m not one of those ditsy type girls making these weird mistakes and failing to take care of things.

I cried the whole way home.

Love,

Brittney

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh goodness!! I would have cried too!

February 11, 2014 at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home