Love, Brittney

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Secret is Out!

Once we had the ultrasound and knew everything was looking great, we told our families!
 
We told Bob before, so she could tell my parents at the same time. I sent this cute shirt to Seth as the way to announce to my parents. I love the idea of including family members in the reveal - and I think it will be special for our baby to have this link to it's cousins.
 
I sent this adorable picture of Seth to McKenzie with the ultrasound picture:
 
 
 
She said she was putting a .PPT together for school, and would put these pictures at the end. She'd call over my parents and have them review the .PPT and then they'd see the pictures at the end. I'd kind of envisioned she would show the picture of Seth first, then when the got it, move to show which daughter was pregnant.
 
When my mom called me, screaming, I asked if she got the message from the picture of Seth?
 
Mom: "Well, the picture was mostly of his feet so not really."
 
Me: "What?"
 
Mom: "Well, she was showing us pictures of puppies and then this picture of Seth but his head was mostly cut off and you could only really see his feet. And then we saw the ultrasound with Schauerhamer baby..."
 
HAHAHA. Sounds exactly like I had envisioned it.
 
After work, we went to Aaron and Sarah's to give the kids their reveal shirts. We wanted to tell Trev's parents with the kids in shirts as well.
 
Trevor gave Sarah the shirts, and she looked at Williams and smiled and said it was cute. Then she read it again and it started to click... and she started saying "Really!? Are you serious!?"
 
Then she started tearing up. It was so sweet.
 
When we gave the shirt to Roz and asked her if she knew what it meant, she said "Lacey is my cousin!?" Haha, she wishes.
 
William has been pretty sick, and he wouldn't let go of Sarah to get a picture. So Sarah brilliantly thought to put the shirt on backwards and we were able to get a decent shot.

 
We took the picture to Trev's parents house - his dad works every night this week so we just showed his mom. Again it took her a while to get what it meant. Then she just kept saying "OH MY GOSH" over and over again.
 
 
Everyone has been so excited for us. It's been so amazing to feel everyone's love and support. Especially where this wasn't planned and I've struggled coming to terms with it, it's been great to have such support.
 
Love,
Brittney

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison Rae said...

sooo Exciting! I love it!

March 19, 2014 at 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home