Love, Brittney

Monday, July 13, 2015

Twins - 11 months old!!!

These guys are almost a year old!!  I cannot believe it.

Every month they amaze me with their progress.

Oliver

This month has Oliver nearly walking. He was getting close at the beginning of the month, but Trevor and I went on our Puerto Rico trip and I told my family that they were not allowed to let him walk, encourage him to walk, or even let him stand up... basically anything but crawl. He was really close for so long, and I was so afraid he'd walk while we were gone and I'm positive I never would have emotionally recovered from that. So he was actually much less stable after we got home on the 29th of June than he had been the previous month. But he's regained his lost skills and he is so close!

He walks along furniture and will go from one piece of furniture to the next. He crawls amazing as well. He pulled himself with his upper body solely for a long time and barely moved his legs. But he hates the feeling of the deck and pool concrete and great grandma and grandpa's (we go there a lot) so he wouldn't pull himself on it - which forced him to learn to crawl. For a while he would try to crawl at home if he wasn't in a hurry. But as soon as he wanted to go somewhere he would pull himself because he could do it much faster. But he no longer pulls himself - he's a bonafide speed demon crawler.

He's super clingy still. He follows me around all day and cries when I won't hold him.

He got 4 TEETH at ONCE!! 4!! No wonder the poor kid has been so crank. He's been working on 4 teeth at once! The top two came through, and the teeth on either side were just at the surface. The week before he got them he had been very, very cranky and waking up at night again - so I knew they were close. But I didn't expect 4. He's been much easier to get to sleep since they popped.

He's still a bear to get to sleep. He acts like falling asleep is painful. It's the strangest, weirdest thing. But he has fought me way less since his teeth came through. So I put Savannah to sleep in her crib and then I snuggle Oliver until he falls asleep. When he is ready to sleep he becomes super cuddly and just wants me to hold him. So he will lay contentedly snuggling in my arms for half an hour or more until he finally falls asleep. He won't let me put him down for naps though. The moment I put him down he is awake. So I have to hold him the entirety of his naps. He does let me put him in his crib at night though. He has been waking up at night a couple of times a week screaming. But he mostly sleeps through the night.

He eats like a champ. They get 3 full meals a day and some snacks in addition to as many bottles as they want. They LOVE TO EAT!

Savannah

Our girl is moving! At the beginning and middle of the month she was slow and barely crawling - but at the end of the month she was legit crawling. Still slower than Oliver but crawling!!!

I truly believe if she were an only child she still wouldn't be crawling. But after a while of watching Oliver crawl around, and then pull himself up, and then walk on furniture or with us holding his hands she decided enough is enough!!! It was so cute to see the switch go off in her head from total indifference to frustration that she wasn't doing all things her brother was. She picked it all up quite fast once she decided she wanted to move.

One night before she was crawling or anything,  Trevor looked at the baby monitor and she was sitting up!! He told me and I didn't believe him. She wasn't even crawling! I'd never seen her try to sit up or anything like it. He kept telling me that she had been sitting up. A couple days later I checked on her in the night and she was sitting up!! So she had figured out how to sit up without crawling or even ever trying during the day. Crazy girl! And while Oliver was crawling and nearly walking - he had never gone from crawling to sitting. So she did do that first. He started to do it not long after her though.

She started to crawl slowly and barely move but by end of her 10th month she's looking awesome! She can get on her knees and get into things as well. She is way more adventurous than Ollie these days. She is our ring leader. He follows her around. They are starting to play together and get into things together. It's so cute! They are also starting to "talk" to each other. They move around the house together like a tornado - destroying everything in their path.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home