Love, Brittney

Monday, April 4, 2011

Barbados - Day Two

Walked down to the beach, ate a coconut (my new favorite thing) played with Spice (the monkey) looked at jewelry, took pictures, and – oh yeah, got hit on. I got hit on by not one but 2 Bajan men there, eating my coconut while Bex and Andrew played with Spice (by the way, Andrew practically made out with him, and I have the pictures to prove it). The first guy only has 2 teeth on top – but the second guy wasn’t bad. And the second guy asked me if I was a Bajan. That made me so happy. I don’t look like a tourist! I look legit. I strive for that. He wanted to know if I was alone, or ALONE. Meaning – is this guy you are with your husband? He wanted to know where I lived, but I didn’t fall for that one…

We ran into Snake on a walk (we were supposed to go surfing with him this morning… but decided to explore on our own) and we didn’t want him nor anyone else knowing exactly where we were staying, so we hiked clear back into the jungle to cross over to our place. We found: a million goats, one enormous something with horns, lots of dogs that look like they are about to die, and crumbling homes. And jungle.


That is one thing I’ve noticed about the Bajans – they all live in homes that are crumbling. They all live in such humble homes. But they are painted so fun and bright – I love it.


After our wild hill climbing adventure, we got into our awesome car and proceeded to make our way to Brandon’s. We made it there by ourselves! It was incredible. We played around in the water forever, watched people surf, and then left and wandered the pier area and ate dinner as the sunset went down on the ocean (looked like the ocean ate the sun – it was cool). Andrew ordered a drink - virgin. The lady looked at him and said, "no alcohol?" And he said no. And she just stood there in shock, and asked for clarification again - that he did not want alcohol. We said no again, and emphasized he was driving and couldn't have any alcohol at all. She left, and next thing we know the manager comes out and says, "you ordered a virgin drink?" and I thought he was coming over to mock us or convince us to have alcohol - we are in Barbados, after all! But he just wanted to let us know the drink was majorly alchoholic and would not taste very nice with no alcohol, so Andrew just got a bloody mary instead - still virgin, of course!! One thing we've leared really quickly here - the Bajan's LOVE THEM SOME RUM!!


We then went grocery shopping and made our way back to our place, where chilled and went to bed.


Gooood day!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home