Love, Brittney

Monday, February 6, 2012

Emily Elecent

When we were little, we had this toy. It was circular, and had little trap doors that animals would come out of. I can't remember all the inner workings of it, but best I can remember you spun a thing, and it would make music and then a random animal would come out and say it's name. I don't remember any of the animals except for the elephant and Kangaroo.

The kangaroo would pop out and say "blalahahaha and Baby Joey!"

Then the elephant would pop up and say, "and I'm Emily Elecent!"

Only, as far as my parents are concerned, the entire world heard "and I'm Emily Elephant!" but me. 

They tried to convince me she was saying "Emily Elephant" but I wouldn't budge. I knew she was saying "Emily Elecent". 

They tried to logically explain that they were right - by pointing out each animal stated what kind of animal they were - so it was logical that she was saying "Emily elephant" following the pattern of all the other animals.

So, Emily Elecent or Emily Elephant?

I still think I'm right.

NOTE- I decided to see if I could Google this old toy and see if anyone as nostalgic  as me had posted a picture. I won the jackpot!!!!



I found it!! The instruction manual!!! Imagine this but in color. Each of the hands had a different color. 





And the animal rundown. I can't believe after not seeing/hearing this in over 10 years at LEAST I remembered it as well as I did, and remembered the Baby Joey part.


Oh - BTW - this doesn't change a thing. I still think I'm right.

Love,
Brittney

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home