Love, Brittney

Friday, June 21, 2013

"I'm home"

One of the things I have loved about Trevor from the beginning is he's protective of me. Not in a crazy wife-beater-controlling way, but in an adorable way.

Ever since we first started dating (over 8 months ago - crazy!) he'd always ask me to text him when I got home at night so he knew I was safe.

ADORABLE, right?

I admit, sometimes when I'm mad at him I won't on purpose... or sometimes I won't just to see if he notices. 9 times out of 10 he doesn't say anything until a couple of days later when he says, "text me when you get home - sometimes you forget." Then we argue about me forgetting vs not forgetting.

Last night he says, "text me when you get home" as he always does. Then he added, "you forget sometimes so don't forget, ok?" to which I say, "I don't forget." Because I don't ever forget. Sometimes I'm mad, sometimes I'm testing him. But I never forget. I told him I won't. He said I do sometimes, so just not to forget. It turned into a thing. I humorous thing, non-serious thing, but a thing.

So after over 8 months of "I'm home texts" I decided to take matters into my own hands, as we are almost to the point of no more "I'm home" texts.

HALLELUJAH! 

Britt:

I'm not home yet

Still not home

Approaching the S-curve

Made it through the S-curve

Successfully made a complete stop at stop sign

Turning left

Tim handled a dip like a pro. No bottoming out for us

I can see my driveway

Parked like a pro

Putting the car into park

Turning off the lights

Keys have left the ignition

Tim is locked!

Walking down the driveway

Avoided stray dog

I have to pee but I did not fall down the stairs this time

I'm inside!!!!!

Door is locked!

Trevor: What door??

Britt: Front door. Bedroom door is still ajar

Trevor: So you are safe!? Woowoo! Goodnight, love you!

I can't wait until we are married and we don't have to drive home late at night, exhausted.

WOO WOO!

(Also, I think his response shows that I do stuff like this way too often, as he does't even react to my charades anymore. Also - I think I'm funny. And clever.)

Love,

Brittney

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Brandon made me do that too. Its very nice not having late night drives anymore. YAY for jobs. I remember how stressful that was, except I had a job offer that I had to decide between accepting or not. We felt I should turn down the job. IT WAS SO STRESSFUL turning down a job when Brandon didn't have one but he ended up getting one out of state and I was free to go with him instead of being tied to Utah until the school year ended!

June 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home