Love, Brittney

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Karma

One of my worst fears came true today.

One time, when I was in college, there was this girl walking through one of the buildings, obviously late for a class and hurrying to get there – and as she darted past me, I saw her skirt was tucked into her underwear.

I wanted to tell her, but she darted past me so quickly, and I was shy to tell her.

This was back in the day when I was unfunctionally shy.  I’m still shy, but I’ve come A LONG ways from where I was.

I still remember that moment, wanting to tell her but feeling too shy, to uncomfortable, and she was past me so quickly I’d have to run after her, which made it harder for me to get the courage to do it.

I’ve always felt so badly about not telling her. How humiliating that moment must have been for her, and I could have helped alleviate it. I still to this day feel guilty over it.

A couple of weeks ago, (well August 1, if you must know… it was our 1 month anniversary, and Trevor being the stud that he is, took me to a surprise sushi dinner to celebrate) Trevor and I were at a restaurant. A lady got up at the table over, and as she did I noticed she had a blood spot on the back of her skirt. As she walked by, I told her.

Having that happen is one of my worst fears. She hustled to the bathroom, holding her purse behind her. I was pretty proud of myself for getting the courage to tell her. I was shy to do it, but knew she had to know. How humiliating for her. I told Trev the regret I had, not telling the underwear girl her situation.

I kind of felt like I’d made peace. I’d cancelled out that regret with a good deed. Booya!!!

So today I stopped by my favorite restaurant, also the place Trev took me to dinner the day he proposed.  I was grabbing lunch for me and lunch for us tomorrow. I had to pee, as I always do. So upon entering, I ran to the bathroom. I then walked to the front of the restaurant, and stood there at the counter waiting for someone to come help me.

I’ve been standing there at least 3 minutes, and a waitress walks behind me and kind of mumbles something and points to my skirt. I think she’s complimenting my skirt and feel all cool.

I grab it to reaffirm – yeah it’s cute! And lo and behold – the back is missing. Basically it is TUCKED INTO MY UNDERWEAR. The whole back. All of it. I’ve just walked through the whole restaurant and am standing at the counter with a giant white butt exposed to the whole establishment.

There are people sitting right behind me, I can see them. I stare ahead, un-tuck it.

As luck would have it, my order isn’t ready. So I have to sit at a table and wait. Surrounded by all these people who have seen me practically naked. Then the waitress who had also witnessed my great white booty gave me my food, and I bolted.

I’ve been waiting for this day to finally catch up with me. Sigh.

So moral of the story is, help your fellow women out! If you don’t, one day, even if it is 6 years later, you will suffer the same fate.

You know what they say about karma….

Love,

Brittney

PS- 

Also if we’re talking about karma… I’m not sure I ever captured on my blog the time Camree made me staple my finger.

One time, Camree stapled her finger and called to tell me. I told her she was a moron. Who staples their finger? Honestly. The way she did it didn’t help… she had a little mini stapler attached to her backpack, and was swinging it/playing with it on her way to class and stapled her finger.

I had no pity, only giggles about the situation.

THE NEXT DAY I STAPLED MY FINGER.

I kid you not. I’ve never in my life stapled my finger. Or any other part of my body. My stapler at work ran out of staples, and I added more but it got jammed. As I was trying to get it to work, I stapled my finger. And it HURT.

I’ve NEVER stapled my finger before. The day after Camree staples her finger and I mock her for it, I staple mine.

OH KARMA. YOU FICKLE FRIEND.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison Rae said...

OMG Brittney. This is too much ! Too hilarious! You poor thing!

August 12, 2013 at 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home