Love, Brittney

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Thunder Birds

This weekend was homecoming at SUU and Trevor and Brock wanted to go, so we did – and luckily Sachi came as well, which was my saving grace.
 We left after work on Friday, drove to SUU, heard HelloGoodbye in concert – and then Trevor gave us a tour of campus. It was kind of chilly but a really fun night. After we drove to St. George and stayed the night there.
 
Saturday morning, Trevor went to the store and bought groceries and made us breakfast. He is amazing. Seriously.
We drove to SUU again for the football game. We first stopped at the bookstore, and I got my first SUU paraphernalia. I got a hoodie and sweats – both of which are sooo comfortable. Trevor also got quite a few shirts – which he was excited about because apparently after 5 years of football there he didn’t have enough SUU clothing already.
He was so excited to see me in an SUU hoodie it was totally worth it.
 
We wondered over to the ticket pick up area, and they talked to coaches they knew and their “SUU Grandparents” Joe and Betty.
It was a sunny and beautiful day.
The game was good – they won!
 
They had 2 helicopters fly over, really low, and then the mascot threw stuff out. It would have been cooler if he'd jumped out, but I guess we will take this.
 
 
It was so weird/cool to be there with Trevor and Brock and to hear them talk. They talked the entire way to Cedar City about their football memories. This is a huge part of Trevor I never got to experience.
He had his picture on the entire stadium. Like – big enough to fit on the STADIUM. At games, the crowd would chant, “SHAUER!! HAMER!!!!” Someone made him a FaceBook page, “the perfect offensive linesman”. And he had TONS of members and they’d comment on how good he did at the games.
He used to have such bad pain from all the lifting/games that he had to get special shots before games just to make it through. He could bench over 400lbs.
Every day he worked out for hours with the team, played in games, traveled to games – did his homework, got his BS and his Masters.
And this is such a huge part of his life I can’t even comprehend. I wish I could have seen him play in games, seen his banner on the stadium.
So it was so fun to get a glimpse into this world of his.
After the game, we went to dinner and then met up with another teammate (Russ) and his wife and baby, and then we all met with Cody and his girlfriend for ice cream at DQ.
It was fun to hear all the guys talk about memories, and just see the way they interact.
We drove back to St. George, spent the night, then went to Texas Roadhouse for lunch and drove back to SLC. It was a quick trip, but really fun for me to meet all his old coaches and teammates, and Trevor and Brock had an absolute blast.
I’m so grateful Sachi came with me, because I had someone to talk to while the guys tracked down all the people they wanted to talk to and went on and on about football in the freezing cold (it got really cold the last part of the game).
 
Here are some pictures from his days playing football. As I was watching the game, I just kept trying to picture Trevor on the field.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I sure love my husband. I’m so grateful for this opportunity to get to somewhat experience sort of what it was like when he played football.
Love,
Brittney



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home