Love, Brittney

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Lunch bag

A while ago I decided I needed to pack my own lunches, instead of getting lunch at the cafeteria at my work.
 
I'd stuff my lunch in my gorgeous working girl laptop bag. But then my bag would get overly huge, and sometimes my food would get squished.
 
Gross.
 
So I began my search for the perfect lunch bag. It had to be cute but not too girly, appropriate for work.
 
As typical with me, it took me weeks on Amazon until I made my choice.
 
I love my lunch bag.
 
Since we got married, Trevor and I have tried to pack our own lunches. I'd see him try to balance his lunch items as he walks out the door, and worried he'd drop something.
 
So I put his lunch in my lunch bag, since I could fit my lunch in my gorgeous working girl laptop bag.
 
He didn't approve. He said it was "too girly".
 
I told him it was better than balancing everything as he walks - and it looked lame. And unprofessional.
 
 
So now he takes my lunch bag to work, and it takes a lot out of him. He always sighs as he walks out the door, saying all his co-workers look at him as he's holding his lunch bag and laugh.
 
I told him they don't even notice.
 
He insists they all look at him and judge him and laugh.
 
((One time, I painted Trevor's pinky nail blue. He was so embarrassed at work, and said everyone was staring at it. He said he was working with his boss and he kept staring at him and looking at him funny, so Trevor told him the whole story behind it. I really don't think his boss even noticed a tiny bit of blue nail polish on his pinky nail.))
 
We've been having this same conversation for 3 months. He has yet to get a "manly" lunch bag, and I still refuse to believe all his co-workers even notice his lunch bag. Men don't notice these things.
 
He was complaining again about my girly lunch bag this morning, so I decided I needed to take a picture of him holding the source of so much inner turmoil for him - my "girly" lunch bag.
 
(Ok, I admit it isn't super masculine. But it really isn't THAT girly, in my opinion. It could be way worse.)
 
 
He is purposely trying to look femme in these pictures.
 
I love these daily conversations we have. This guy seriously cracks me up.
 
Love,
Brittney

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home