Love, Brittney

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Baby names

So, we haven’t finalized names or anything, considering we don’t know the gender and we have to see what this baby looks like.

But, we have some strong candidates.

Oliver Dee 

Dee is my dad’s middle name, Jerald Dee Johnson.
Dee is my grandpa’s name, Dee Taylor Johnson.
Oliver is my great grandpa’s name, Oliver David Johnson.
Oliver is my great great grandpa’s middle name, Benjamin Oliver Johnson.

Also, my great great grandpa on my grandma Johnson’s (Post) side is Oliver Speed.



I think it would be so cool for our *hypothetical* little man to be able to say he’s named after 4 generations of his grandpa’s on his Johnson side. There are more Oliver’s further back in the Johnson line, so it is very much a family name. My middle name is Deann, named after my grandpa Dee and grandma Ann, so he’d be named after me too.

If we have a girl…

We are thinking Elaina after Trevor’s mom and grandma. Trevor’s mom is Lisa Elaine, and his grandma is Elaine. We don’t love Elaine, but we do love Elaina!

For middle names, in Trevor’s families side we’ve found some pretty German names. My favorites are Mette, Sophie and Kirsteen (pronounced Ker-steen).

So we’re thinking about

Elaina Mette
Elaina Kirsteen
Elaina Sophie


We really want to use family names. I think it’s so special for kids to be named after their ancestors.

What do you think?

Love,
Brittney

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I was hoping for Savannah but I like Elaina too. My fav of the three is Elaina Kirsteen BUT I don't know how Mette is pronounced so I can't really say.

I LOVE Oliver Dee.

April 4, 2014 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

Hi Brittney!
I love the name Elaina Sophia! Mette is a Norwegian name, you have Norwegian ancestors?

I'm Finnish btw!
Not sure if you heard of my blog Blue Abaya, here's the link www.blueabaya.com

I left a comment to your Rub al Khali post, which I enjoyed so much! I felt like I had gone on a trip there myself. Actually, I have been to the Empty Quarter, but only for a daytrip. I would LOVE to do what you guys did, looking for the arrowheads and just camping out under the stars..so if you don't mind, please please let me know of any contact details you may have for the people who organize these tours? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and all the best with your pregnancy!

Layla

April 11, 2014 at 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home