Love, Brittney

Monday, March 24, 2014

Wake up, Thor Baby!

At our ultrasound, the midwife made the mistake of telling Trevor the baby can feel any pressing on my stomach. If the baby is sleeping and you press, it will feel it and wake up.

So, Trevor will come up to me at random times and repeatedly poke my stomach and say, “wake up Thor baby!! Wake up!!”

The baby hasn’t even been born yet and already Trevor is tormenting it.

Poor Thor baby.

We told my dad that, and he reminded me of his flicking my foot when I was a baby so I wouldn’t fall asleep for a nap and thus, my father, would solve the problem of newborns not sleeping through the night.

My mom is a nurse and after her maternity leave was over went to graveyards so she could be with me in the day, and my dad at night.

She called from the hospital to check in, the first time leaving her new baby. She could hear me screaming in the background.

She asked my dad what was wrong? He responded that every time I started to fall asleep he would flick my foot until I woke up. He had a screaming baby, but I was awake. I would sleep through the night.

She began to cry, and I’m sure they had a fight. That isn’t the part of the story my dad likes to tell.

I can only imagine the torments Trevor will invoke on this poor baby. He’s already started.

Love,

Brittney

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home