Love, Brittney

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Items 1-5

Item #1

I got free lunch the other day from Kneaders - my favorite!

Sadly, putting anything in the fridge is a risky affair. Not everyone in the office seems to understand that if you didn’t put it the fridge, you can’t have it. I decided to not take any chance with my beloved Kneaders.


At lunch I went to grab it, and someone had written Gen 3:4 on it. I assumed that was the “Thou shalt not kill passage”.

Wrong.

Genesis 3:4 – “And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:”

HAHAHA.

How did someone know that scripture off the top of their head? Cracked me up. Best lunch ever.

Item # 2


Item #3

I got into an “argument” with a guy I work with. Over something ludicrous, naturally. He finally conceded a, “you win”.



Then he proceeded to give me a freaking lame “trophy” in reward.



I told him the trophy was lame.



He tried again.



And again.



I told him I knew he could do better.



He said, “Ok. You’ll get your trophy.”



20 minutes later, I see him walking to my desk, holding a big box. He’s got paper over the top so I can’t see what he’s got. He goes to show me, and realizes it broke in the journey to my desk.



He walks away, and comes back 5 minutes later.

And this is what he’s got:



Ah!! He made me a trophy!!! How cute is that!!??



He even used whiteout to make decorations on the pink paper.



Item #4

I got a pretty flower. Smells good, too! Great addition to my desk.


Item #5

I’ve always kept my nails super short. I play the violin, so nails are really just a nuisance. I’ve never painted them, got manicures or anything of the sort. The moment they got any length, I’d be annoyed and chop them off.

I haven’t been practicing like I should, lately. My nails show that fact – and my laziness. They’ve been driving me crazy, but I just hadn’t found the time/effort/supplies to trim them.

But they bothered me.

One day, one of my friends looked at my nails and said, “Are those your real nails!? They are gorgeous!”

And for the first time, I looked at my nails and didn’t see them as a nuisance. I realized they are, in fact, gorgeous! I have gorgeous nails!

So I went and bought nail polish. With the assistance of Samar, of course – I selected this hot purple/pink shade.

Yeeaahh, baby!

I have people comment on how nice they look daily. No one believes they are my real nails and I didn’t do anything to them.

I’d rather my hair grow fast and long and thick, instead of my nails. Maybe if I pray hard enough, God will make my nails weak and short and bless me with thick, long hair?

Until then, I’ll just be vain about my nails.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Brittney said...

You're nails really are gorgeous!!! I love how the rose is in a little styrofoam cup. So funny!! The details of your life are always interesting!!! Or at least the way you write about them. When are you going to write your book about a fictional;) girl named, hmmm let's think, maybe Deann.

August 11, 2010 at 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home