Love, Brittney

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love the whimsicalness of it all. Dressing up, acting like a kid. Making cool food/treats.
My work goes all out, and for the last 3 years Brittney and her kids have come to my office to trick or treat. I love it!! I love having them come. And this is all her kids know trick or treating to be – at my office. They’ve never gone in the real world.
Trevor came this year, which was so fun! It was so nice for him to see where I work, my cubicle and meet some of the people I work with.
So, here is the start of our Halloween - Trevor starting the creation of his Wolverine claws! (technically preparation started much prior, with him growing out his hair and beard. And working on his "Wolverine scowl".)
 

 
Here is my cubicle. This is what it looks like every day of the year.
 
 
Except Halloween. Today the cubicles look like this:
 


 
Crazy, huh? The teams worked all day long for 2 days to get this all pulled off. It's awesome. This picture was taken before everything was done, so it was way cooler.
 
Here is the group! Trick or Treating around the ROB. I wish I had pictures from the last 3 years. I love this tradition with such a good friend and her gorgeous babies!
 
 
Trev shaved his beard on Friday morning (the 25th - since my work celebrates Halloween this day - so he had a full week of chops).
 
He sent me this Snapchat at work - working, again, on his Wolverine face.
 
 
Here is his hair after I was done doing it for our ward party on Saturday the 26th:
 

 
And my complete Storm look:
 
 
And us as a couple! Storm and Wolverine!
 
 
Probably the best part of this whole costume was my mom's comment. I put this picture up on FaceBook, and my mom commented that Trevor made an awesome Edward Scissor hands.
 
HAHAHAA!!!
 
Yeah, not even close. But hilarious!
 
On Halloween, we went to Alison and Steven's and had an awesome Halloween meal. I made the salad:

 
And dessert (it is supposed to be a spider web):
 
 
Alison made an awesome soup in a pumpkin bread bowl, and we watched Rosemary's Baby.
 
I had wanted to watch it for a while, as it has been portrayed as a classic. Quoted often in other movies. It was quite interesting. Very creepy - perfect for Halloween.
 
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
 
Love,
Brittney
 
 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home