Love, Brittney

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

As I'm getting older, I'm becoming less excited about the actual holidays as I am a break from work. I got almost a week off for Thanksgiving this year, and I needed it! It was so fun to be off work for almost a week. The downer - I started my period with HORRIBLE cramps and was literally on the couch with a heating pad for most the week. Sigh. Still effects from birth control. I'm hoping my body will regulate back to normal soon.
 
Sachi came over Wednesday after work so we could start watching Downton to prepare for season 5, which is coming out in January on DVD. We ended up talking straight till past 1am instead.
 
While we were talking, Trevor went to the grocery store to get our weeks worth of groceries and the stuff we needed for Thanksgiving. Then he went to basketball.
 
When he came home, he set up his gaming station in our bedroom - with a brilliant idea to hook his laptop to our TV so he use that screen. His eyes got big and sparkly when he told me this plan - like a kid on Christmas. Sadly for him, it didn't work well. Oh well.
 
So while Sachi and I talked, he had his man time. A bunch of his friends get on, and they play the game together and talk via Skype. So he had man time and I had Sachi time.


 
The next morning, Sachi and I actually watched some Downton. Trevor watched one episode with us and actually liked it.
 
After, Sachi made the best stuffing I have EVER had, while I made green bean casserole and carrot cheesecake (AMAZING! It was SO GOOD!)
 
Sachi went to her brothers' house for thanksgiving, while Taylor came over and we went to Trevor's parents house. All Trevor's siblings were there, and his grandparents (and Steve - who I got the pleasure of sitting next to. I always end up next to Steve). The best part of Thanksgiving was having Taylor there. I'm so glad he came.
 
We didn't do any Black Friday anything. We did go to RC Willey on Friday to see if they had any crazy deals on a couch.
 
Trevor couldn't find his sunglasses, so he wore the Pitch Perfect ones I got for him (they came with the movie). I found it hilarious that he's wearing Pitch Perfect sunglasses with his football hat and his Sons of Anarchy shirt.
 

 
 
Getting into the car after RC Willey, Trevor ripped his pants. I mean, RIPPED HIS PANTS.
 
The tear started at the top of the zipper and went clear down his leg. I have no idea how he did this.
 

I had some better pictures to illustrate just how enormous this tear was, but they didn't make the decency test.
 

Overall, awesome Thanksgiving. So glad I could spend it with Taylor and Sachi and Trevor's family.
 
Mostly, I'm grateful I got to spend it with this handsome dude.
 
 
Love,
Brittney

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home